King Wilson base

This is similar to my Viking Base thread.

What if Wilson not only survived on the island, but thrived? This plan is to not just make a medieval base, but to make Wilson a KING.

Base

Your base would be a castle of course. The turrets would be tier 3 stone walls, and your actual walls would be tier 2 stone. Your floor would mainly be marble, but you would also use wood for the hallways and place carpets wherever they should go.

You would build a cobblestone road leading to a nearby large pig village, with plenty of farms (a king needs peasants after all).

Apparel

Thucelite crown

Probably a marble set of armor for battle. As for weapons, you would want to have something better than a spear, and preferably somewhat regal looking.

I'm still working on ideas, but if anyone has any, then as always please share. Basically, I'd love for Wilson to turn into the true overlord of the island. Imagine something like this post-615525-0-59718200-1433797686_thumb.

How tough is the ancient guardian supposed to be?

20 Blow dartst :T

but I have meat effigies out the wazoo so I'm fine.

Health penalty? O__O

Pack a 20 Jerky/40 small jerky (ain't nobody got time fo dat)... to be safe... make a lantern and acquire a Tam so it'll be easy for you... also, snow chester and a krapus sack (ain't nobody... oh O__O) also, autumn or spring (summer and winter too but you'd have to forsake bags for appropriate clothing and have to adjust to added inventory clutter...

Well, ^ that's what I usually strive for before entering the caves/ruins but I/you/we can do without them... they just make it easier...

Should add obelisks to the throne room, like with the pig king, with some pig guards(or maybe some hounds, like in the picture), maybe even the pig kings head mounted on a spike. Could have a portrait of himself behind the throne. I'd also consider accenting the corner's of the outer wall with obelisks at each corner, I'd want to say a moat, but I'm not sure how doable that would be. I'd also consider, at the pig village, having a beefalo pen, and maybe mixing in some rabbit hutches. Should have a statue of wilson in the center of the village. Could have some merm head's on spike's lining the road. As for apparel, thucelite armor or scale armor I think would look better than a marble suit, and maybe a dark sword(swords are generally considered a noble weapon in many cultures) or a thucelite mace(looks alil bit "flashier" than a dark sword).  I might also consider a Morning star, although the he looks pretty good wtih the fire staff in hand in the picture.

Should add obelisks to the throne room, like with the pig king, with some pig guards(or maybe some hounds, like in the picture), maybe even the pig kings head mounted on a spike. Could have a portrait of himself behind the throne. I'd also consider accenting the corner's of the outer wall with obelisks at each corner, I'd want to say a moat, but I'm not sure how doable that would be. I'd also consider, at the pig village, having a beefalo pen, and maybe mixing in some rabbit hutches. Should have a statue of wilson in the center of the village. Could have some merm head's on spike's lining the road. As for apparel, thucelite armor or scale armor I think would look better than a marble suit, and maybe a dark sword(swords are generally considered a noble weapon in many cultures) or a thucelite mace(looks alil bit "flashier" than a dark sword). I might also consider a Morning star, although the he looks pretty good wtih the fire staff in hand in the picture.

I love those ideas, but as I can't use mods the only things from that list that I can do is get the scale mail and helmet. Any tips for getting giants? I'm on day 195 and I'm yet to see a single one. I hadn't thought of useing scale mail for King Wilson before, but now I really want to do it.

Well, I'm preparing for my great escape so that I can start my kingdom in a new land (the hound attacks every 3 days pushed me over the edge). I'm bringing wooden planks, marble flooring, cut stone, a Thucelite crown, a walking cane, carpet, and preparing anything that I can.

Can anyone think of anything that they think I absolutely must take?

Can anyone think of anything that they think I absolutely must take?

Wooden Planks... you can leave them and harvest more in the next world... maybe giant's loots? and all of the Houndius Shootius you can take from that world. 

Wooden Planks... you can leave them and harvest more in the next world... maybe giant's loots? and all of the Houndius Shootius you can take from that world.

I didn't have any houndius shootiuses with me (see the thread Lack of Giants to know why), but I took anything that I thought I would need. As a result, I'm jump starting my castle and already have the flooring mostly laid out. I'm now building the walls, and have to say, it's coming along nicely.

I'm building it in a nice little light green forest biome surrounded by the ocean on 3 out of 4 sides.

My castle will have a huge throne room, a kitchen wing, a treasury wing, a bedroom wing, and a mage room. Then I will build a cobblestone road that leads from the castle to a pig village, where I will make farms and give them straw hats for peasents.

Any thoughts for lighting? I could use fire pits, but I'd rather have something that fit in a castle better if I could.

Any thoughts for lighting? I could use fire pits, but I'd rather have something that fit in a castle better if I could.

Try Spawning "maxwelllight_area" :3 

EDIT: or save up some nightmarefuel and red gems for Night Light (Then Light them up with a shot from a Fire Staff) :)

Try Spawning "maxwelllight_area" :3

EDIT: or save up some nightmarefuel and red gems for Night Light (Then Light them up with a shot from a Fire Staff) :)

I can't use mods, so your edit was much appreciated XD

Do you know the sanity drain aura range of nightlights? I'd thought of using them, but I'd rather not be bat excrement insane when I'm finally king. A guy who see things and is constantly talking to himself isn't quite the image I want as a supreme overlord.

Do you know the sanity drain aura range of nightlights? I'd thought of using them, but I'd rather not be bat excrement insane when I'm finally king. A guy who see things and is constantly talking to himself isn't quite the image I want as a supreme overlord.

Insanity adds depth to a ruler character XD

Hmm... min range would be about 4 Wilsons away... I think... sanity drain from them isn't really that big (unless you're right on top of them :3)

Insanity adds depth to a ruler character XD

Hmm... min range would be about 4 Wilsons away... I think... sanity drain from them isn't really that big (unless you're right on top of them :3)

Alrighty. 4 Wilsons away it is. And since I am king, I think I'll go ahead and just change the standard unit of measurement.

"Hear ye, hear ye. From this moment on, no more will we argue over the metric system or the standard system. All things will be measured in Wilsons!"

"Hear ye, hear ye. From this moment on, no more will we argue over the metric system or the standard system. All things will be measured in Wilsons!"

Hahaha XD I can't really say the distance in "feet" ot "Meters" because I don't know how big the things are and stuff XD

Alright, a pitchfork square's distance :D

Too bad I can't teach pigs to use beefalo horns. They could be my own trumpeters XD

You have the Achievement shine thing right? 

Hahaha XD I can't really say the distance in "feet" ot "Meters" because I don't know how big the things are and stuff XD

Alright, a pitchfork square's distance :D

You have the Achievement shine thing right?

Not quite yet. I'm still finishing my walls. They are all in, but making them all tier 3 takes a while. I did find the pig king though, so getting gold shouldn't be an issue

Archived