The Conch - Helping Survivors Kill Other Survivors Since the 19Somethings

So a while ago I was watching the LoTF-themed SpongeBob episode and realized that DST would really benefit from some sort of position-declaring item (I assume you've had to make the trip to your base and back with someone at least once in your life so you should know what I'm talking about.) So; The Conch.

The conch would be an item that would either be lying around the base at the start of the game or craftable as a basic/science machine-tier item. When used it would play an echo-y version of the player's death sound and create a temporary marker on the minimap, showing the location of the player the time they blew the conch. This marker would last either a few minutes, or until the players viewing the marker relog.

Yes, just like in Strategy games with the control + left click on mini-map, your allies would see, at what you are pointing. Instead of a simple left-click the dst-player needs to craft something, which will cause that signal after usage, like a signal pistol.

I like this idea. Probably more because of the nostalgic value than because the gameplay value, but I see no fault with it.(maybe it could even be used in the making of the old bell?)

Yes, just like in Strategy games with the control + left click on mini-map, your allies would see, at what you are pointing.
this is getting more and more like the elusive "Don'TA" 

So a while ago I was watching the LoTF-themed SpongeBob episode and realized that DST would really benefit from some sort of position-declaring item (I assume you've had to make the trip to your base and back with someone at least once in your life so you should know what I'm talking about.) So; The Conch.

The conch would be an item that would either be lying around the base at the start of the game or craftable as a basic/science machine-tier item. When used it would play an echo-y version of the player's death sound and create a temporary marker on the minimap, showing the location of the player the time they blew the conch. This marker would last either a few minutes, or until the players viewing the marker relog.

Holy ****, I love that idea. Make it happen. Hell, just use modify the Beefalo Horn. KLE DO THIS.

Archived