New agents not outfitted

Hi all, and thanks for this wonderful game.

I used to play during beta, and back then it was quite easy to find new members for your team in detention centers. After the mission was over you could send them to the field, with their full kit available.

However I just did my first dentention mission since release today, and while Decker can follow the ladies in the new mission, he is naked as a newborn, except for the item i purchased from monst3r for him, and his implant. Is this a new "realistic" feature, or a bug, maybe caused by my buying said item (a ventricular lance, which doesn't do much when you have no weapon)?

Thanks for your answers =)

savegame.lua

Retrieving agents from a detention center will result in them not having any gear except for the augment that they start with.

There is a mod that spawns them with the equipment, but I can't attest to the quality of it since I haven't used it personally.

Retrieving agents from a detention center will result in them not having any gear except for the augment that they start with.

There is a mod that spawns them with the equipment, but I can't attest to the quality of it since I haven't used it personally.

I tried the mod and couldn't get it to work.  Followed instructions exactly, but no new agents and none of the "normal" agents have been equipped.

I tried the mod and couldn't get it to work.  Followed instructions exactly, but no new agents and none of the "normal" agents have been equipped.

Thats.... weird. From the code perspectiv, It should work fine. Are you sure you have installed it at the right direction. I have 33 Downloads and no one sayed it does not work. 

Thats.... weird. From the code perspectiv, It should work fine. Are you sure you have installed it at the right direction. I have 33 Downloads and no one sayed it does not work. 

Well, I went to the Invis Inc folder in my Steamapps/common dir, unzipped the scripts.zip archive, and placed the serverdefs.lua that I downloaded into the scripts/modules directory.

Then I ran the game after that and nothing seemed to have changed.

Did I do something wrong?

Edit:  Gonna go ahead and delete the scripts folder that I had modified and do it again fresh and see if that works for me.

Wasn't trying to imply that there was something wrong w/ your mod itself, just that it didn't work for me when I tried it.  All of your work is appreciated, as always.  : )

Well, I went to the Invis Inc folder in my Steamapps/common dir, unzipped the scripts.zip archive, and placed the serverdefs.lua that I downloaded into the scripts/modules directory.

Then I ran the game after that and nothing seemed to have changed.

Did I do something wrong?

Ah, It could be that you descript it not completly, but you have to repack the files after you added the serverdefs

Ah, It could be that you descript it not completly, but you have to repack the files after you added the serverdefs

Well, I did re-zip the file afterward, as the game won't actually start unless you do this.  This isn't specified in the instructions in your thread, btw, but it's kinda common sense anyhow.  :p

Anyway, I re-downloaded the Serverdefs.lua file from your thread yesterday (as I said I was going to do) and did exactly what I described in my previous post again, and it's still not equipping agents found in Detention Centers for me.

I just made another game today so I could show you.  Day 1, I was lucky enough to have a Detention Center mission appear right after the first mission (the mandatory Exec Terms mission).

I found Internationale in the Det Center, rescued her, and she has no items.

Here is me just before rescuing her:

kN4KLTt.jpg

And when I actually do rescue her, she is empty-handed.  You can see that her text box is still at the top of the screen, so this is was taken w/in seconds of opening the Detention Center door:

kIMiVA3.jpg

So then I thought to myself, well, maybe I'm supposed to complete the mission itself and she will be equipped afterward....

5Gj8HT8.jpg

...but nope!  Her inventory is naked as a jay-bird.

Again, if I've somehow misread your instructions on how to install the mod, but for all that I can tell, I've done everything that you wrote correctly.

Gonna try it again and see if I can nail down the issue myself too.

Ok, I'm installing a complete fresh Invisible Inc and look if it works. If it works, Im going to make a video on installing mods. Maybe its just a small thingy

Ha!

I hope I caught you in time, but I got it to work this morning finally.

It seems that when I was repackaging scripts.zip, I forgot to grab only the 3 folders that I needed inside it (client, modules, sim) and instead kept repacking the scripts folder as a whole...

...which caused the file hierarchy to be incorrect.  Simple mistake on my part seems to have been the cause.

I appreciate you taking your time to try to troubleshoot the issue w/ me; I figured if I kept at it for a bit, that I'd narrow down the bonehead mistake that I was making, lol.

As an aside, when on the character select screen, if I try to choose any agent that isn't one of the original "On File" agents (ie: Monst3r, Central, Prism, Sharp), they are missing portraits and while their icon shows up as selected in the UI, the info box does not update to show any of their stats / items..

However, if I enter the game, the agent that I selected shows up as normal.

uikYW7e.jpg

As you can see, I have Sharp and Central selected, but the portraits are Decker and Nika (the last On File agents that I had selected before choosing Sharp and Central).

Is this just a limitation of the mod, or did I mess something up?

You might messed something up, but this part could also be mine fault. Look into this as soon as I have time for it (at the end I might just have done some dumb things.) It should not be a limitation, thougth.

Well, to my knowledge, the only thing that I did incorrectly was repackaging the entire scripts folder instead of selecting the subfolders and packing them into scripts.zip.

I did not touch any of the other files whatsoever, so I'm unsure what I might have messed up, but hey, it's possible.  :p

Well, to my knowledge, the only thing that I did incorrectly was repackaging the entire scripts folder instead of selecting the subfolders and packing them into scripts.zip.

I did not touch any of the other files whatsoever, so I'm unsure what I might have messed up, but hey, it's possible.   :razz:

Should now be fixed, just download the file again and install it. I left some code from my other mods in there causing the game to search for archive version of the new agents.

Archived