[Mod]Some more items, a few tweaks, hopefully no crashes.

Operator, Incognita managed to hold on to a few of our prototype blueprints on the way out. Unfortunately, you'll need to get somewhat lucky with finding a compatible nanofab machine or augment grafter. Some of the guards may have also kept the prototypes themselves as souvenirs of a sort, so you might be able to lift them and get them back in our hands.

So after hunting down meta-hacking, I decided to see what I could do inside the game files, and modded sort of a scattered assortment of stuff. While I did consider balance, it is not guaranteed.

Notice: I think I passed 15 modified files and at least one custom file, so at this point I'm just going to upload the full scripts.zip. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Item "side-grades", tweaked to focus on one aspect at the cost of the other, and sometime large modifications.

Items added listed in spoiler below.

Marathon Stim - A stim with cooldown of 2 that provides 5 AP.

MadDash Stim - A stim with cooldown of 8 that provides 12 AP

Toxin Microinjector - A paralyzer type item, adds 1 stun turn, cooldown of 1. (may be unbalanced)

Neurotoxin Injector - A paralyzer type item, essentially takes out a guard once per mission.

Rapid Deployment Server - A portable server that produces 1 PWR per turn, with no redeploy cooldown.

Portable Spike Server - A portable server that produces 20 PWR every 5 turns, with an initial cooldown upon starting the mission.

Cloaking Bubble - Cloaks all agents in a much larger radius, has a 12 turn cooldown to compensate.

High Capacity Cloak - Cloaks the user for two turns, or until they use an attack. 9 turn cooldown.

Buster Chip 'Bruteforce' - Breaks 10 firewalls, has a 7 turn cooldown.

Buster Chip 'Elegance' - Breaks 1 firewall, has a 2 turn cooldown.

Brute Accelerator Chip - Boosts console by 10 PWR, 7 turn cooldown.

Accelerator Microchip - Boosts console by 2 PWR, no cooldown.

Gigavolt Disruptor - 4 armor piercing, 5 KO damage, 7 turn cooldown, plenty of pain.

Neural Disruptor 'Sparky' - 2 KO damage, no cooldown.

Volt Disruptor 'Surge' - 5 KO damage, 3 armor piercing, takes 8 PWR 

Electrowash Trap - Huge range shock trap, stuns for 3 turns. This will probably cause as many problems as it solves. You have been warned.

Concussive Shock Trap - Powerful enough to stun whoever triggers it for 8 turns. And whoever's standing on the other side of the door for one, I think.

High Density Charge Pack - EMP with range of 5, duration of 4, cooldown of 12.

Interference Pack - EMP with range 13, duration of 1, cooldown of 8. Like the electrowash, this can cause a lot of problems for you.

Noise Grenade - Creates a loud noise where it lands. Recoverable.

Burst Stim - Gives 2 AP, on a shorter cooldown.

Mil-Stim - Restores attack action.

Low Hazard Stim - Has no skill requirements.

Escape Stim - Gives 8 AP, long cooldown.

Extra Concentrated Paralyzer - Adds 4 KO turns, very long cooldown.

Ergonomic Paralyzer - Has no skill requirements.

Extended Paralyzer -  5 KO turns, longer cooldown.

Disposable Cloak - Single use cloaking rig.

Disposable Chameleon Cloak - Single use chameleon cloak (see below), shorter duration.

Chameleon Cloak - Very long lived cloak, breaks on any movement.

'Flicker' Cloaking Rig - Short cooldown cloak, doesn't work when spotted.

There may also be a few other things in there that are rarer.

Some new augments tossed in (just four of them, two of which are based heavily on Chromiumboy's re-balance, expect now as separated augments.)

Dermal Armor - Just adds a point of armor. This will prevent guards with inadequate armor piercing from downing you.

Optical Laser T.A.G. - Tags any guard you observe for 2 PWR. Currently breaks the observe command. Found the problem and solved it.

Footfall Dampener - Reduces run sound range to 1, so unless you actually bump into a guard, they won't hear you.

Manual Icebreaker - Hack through 4 firewalls using an attack action.

Peripheral Vision Enhancer - Gives the agent 360 degree vision. This only matters because another component of this mod reduces agent vision to 270 degrees.

Gave Shalem and Nika a point of armor,

set maximum augment upgrade capacity to 8,

and set Sharp's available slots to 8.

To install the mod, just swap in the scripts.zip file.

scripts.zip

I think that's all I changed, likely more to follow. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Also, if you want me to merge a finished mod into this, I can reply to you with a combined mod. Probably.

P.S. Please let me know if anything isn't working right or odd bugs occur. Some testing artifacts may remain in the game. If you see something going on that isn't mentioned, please let me know.

And for those who are curious or plain crazy, here's the early stage of the "Hard Corps" difficulty increasing mod. Okay, that one was not ready for publishing.

CHANGELOG:

June 1, 2015, 5:02 EST: Uploaded base running version.

June 1, 2015, 5:26 PM EST: Fixed bug with Dermal Armor.

June 1, 2015, 7:40 PM EST: Fixed bug with Optical Laser T.A.G.

June 1, 2015, 8:17 PM EST: Removed some of the testing values, limited vision range somewhat.

June 6, 2015, 10:36 PM EST: Removed the LoS changes, added noise grenade, modifications on tier 1 and 2 cloaks,  stims, and paralyzers.

IN DEVELOPMENT:

Extended Power Cell - Can reload/recharge three times before depleting.

EMP Grenades 1,2, and 3 - (With variants of course,) exactly what it says on the box, grenade style EMPs. (This is turning out to be quite hard.) :fatigue:

Working the new items into guard and safe drop tables.

HOPEFUL PLANS:

Short Range Teleporter - There's next to no chance I'll get it working though   :frown:

Side Mod "Expert ++" - I will eventually make a mod from this one that greatly increases the difficulty. Can you guess I like side branches yet?

I don't really understand the 360 degree vision. It only matters because your mod changes the their default degree of vision to 270?

So in other words, every agent will need a Peripheral Vision Enhancer to be the same as default? 

Was the LOS changed to balance the mod? 

It was changed more as a whim sort of thing. If you don't like it just crack open agentdefs.lua and change line 21

LOSarc = math.pi * 1.5,

to 

LOSarc = math.pi * 2.

I meant it somewhat as balance and somewhat just to see if it would work. I considered going all the way down to 90 degrees, but that caused a LOT of problems.

P.S. And you should have seen it when I was trying to correct those. Alert zones everywhere.

Hahahaha yup I did that. Nice mod by the way. I really like the effort put into it. 

Holy crap I love your ideas by the way. Loving all the things in development and you have my full support on the short range teleporter. That sounds sooooooo coool. No pressure though. LOL.

It was changed more as a whim sort of thing. If you don't like it just crack open agentdefs.lua and change line 21

LOSarc = math.pi * 1.5,

to 

LOSarc = math.pi * 2.

I meant it somewhat as balance and somewhat just to see if it would work. I considered going all the way down to 90 degrees, but that caused a LOT of problems.

P.S. And you should have seen it when I was trying to correct those. Alert zones everywhere.

The smaller LOS seems to screw with a lot of things, notably ambush and overwatch. if the agent isn't directly facing an enemy, neither work. I had to change it after a guard just ran past Banks, even though she was on ambush. 

I decide to take this mod on an endless run and am currently day 11. I’ve got some serious concerns with the balance of your mod. Certain combinations of items absolutely break the game

--Toxin microinjecter when combined with torque injectors makes you able to use it unlimited times in a single turn effectively removing a guard from the map.

Suggestion for balance: make it a 2 turn item or make it not work with torque injector if that’s possible

--Electrowash Trap really broken because of a few things, one it doesn’t knock out agents even if they are one tile away unless they are the one to open the trapped door.

Two it has a crazy low cool down of 5 turns which make have archive Nika with torque injector able to use it every three turns prime to whole map as it was cleared out with traps.

Three it has too much synergy with the toxin micro injector combination above. My archive Nika using this trifecta of items can knockout and keep down all the guards during alert level 6 single handedly complete shutting down the level indefinitely.

Suggestion for balance: Make it able to knock out agents properly or Raise the cool down to somewhere around 8-10

I love the majority of the items in this mod especially Rapid deploy server

--Toxin microinjecter when combined with torque injectors makes you able to use it unlimited times in a single turn effectively removing a guard from the map.

Suggestion for balance: make it a 2 turn item or make it not work with torque injector if that’s possible

--Electrowash Trap really broken because of a few things, one it doesn’t knock out agents even if they are one tile away unless they are the one to open the trapped door.

Two it has a crazy low cool down of 5 turns 

Suggestion for balance: Make it able to knock out agents properly or Raise the cool down to somewhere around 8-10

On the microinjector, I honestly forgot that might be doable, I'll see if I can code a minimum cooldown, else set it to 2 turns. The point of that item was to allow for one agent to effectively pin two guards.

Shock traps' knockout math actually is related to the power of the stun I think, and it's using almost exactly default code. (I.E. I didn't mess with the ability execution.) I think the stun is just weak enough that it rounds down to zero. I did not, however, mean to leave cooldown that low. It was meant more for panicked escapes and rush tactics than as a regular use item.

Thanks for the feedback!

What I raised was the maximum possible augments.

Sharp has been given 8 augment slots off the bat.

I know, but Sharp's real identifier is the fact that he can use 2 more augments than all of the other agents, not that he has the slots unlocked from the start (which is helpful too).

Or do you mean that you only raised the maximum possible slots to 8 for Sharp and the others only get 6 or something?

I know, but Sharp's real identifier is the fact that he can use 2 more augments than all of the other agents, not that he has the slots unlocked from the start (which is helpful too).

Or do you mean that you only raised the maximum possible slots to 8 for Sharp and the others only get 6 or something?

Hm. I don't play Sharp very often, but I wonder if changing his augment to be for every 3 augments to every 2 augments would break any balance.

EDIT/NOTE:

And I accidentally managed to wipe out my entire mod, so looks like it's back to the last upload for me.

Hm. I don't play Sharp very often, but I wonder if changing his augment to be for every 3 augments to every 2 augments would break any balance.

EDIT/NOTE:

And I accidentally managed to wipe out my entire mod, so looks like it's back to the last upload for me.

Geez, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to prompt any kind of disaster like that!  D:

I was just trying to voice an opinion about what I think sets Sharp apart from the other agents...  Others might really like those particular changes, at least nobody else seems to have mentioned it at all.

Again, I'm really sorry.  : /

Ah, it's not your fault, I just overrode the files in my working folder with the defaults rather than vice versa.

When I think about it, I'm impressed I managed to not slip up for long enough to code a mod.

Some Idea here: about that EMP grenade.

I think "self._sim:triggerEvent( simdefs.TRG_UNIT_EMP, self )" just calls animation for that event - so it does nothing.

How about this?(NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK)

-- REQUIRED: RANGE, EMP_DURATION(replace with number)local cells = simquery.rasterCircle( self._sim, x0, y0, RANGE )local units = {}for i, x, y in util.xypairs( cells ) do    local cell = self._sim:getCell( x, y )    if cell then        for _, cellUnit in ipairs(cell.units) do            if cellUnit ~= self and (cellUnit:getTraits().mainframe_status or cellUnit:getTraits().heartMonitor) then                table.insert( units, cellUnit )            end        end    endendlocal x0,y0 = self:getLocation()sim:dispatchEvent( simdefs.EV_OVERLOAD_VIZ, {x = x0, y = y0, units = units, range = RANGE } )for i, unit in ipairs(units) do    unit:processEMP( EMP_DURATION, true )end-- Makes EMP sound.sim:emitSound( simdefs.SOUND_SMALL, x0, y0, nil )

Hey, I would like to have a few of those items in your mod in my game specifically: the Brute Accelerator Chip, Accelerator Microchip,  Noise Grenade,  Optical Laser T.A.G., Footfall Dampener and the Manual Icebreaker items, but since you already included the mod with a copy of all files on the scripts folder I do not know where the code for those items is located. Your mod is extremely easy to install, but it is hard to edit it. Could you please tell me on which file the scripts for this items are located? thank you in advance.  

Hey, I would like to have a few of those items in your mod in my game specifically: the Brute Accelerator Chip, Accelerator Microchip,  Noise Grenade,  Optical Laser T.A.G., Footfall Dampener and the Manual Icebreaker items, but since you already included the mod with a copy of all files on the scripts folder I do not know where the code for those items is located. Your mod is extremely easy to install, but it is hard to edit it. Could you please tell me on which file the scripts for this items are located? thank you in advance.  

The two chips and the grenade are in scripts/sim/unitdefs/itemdefs.lua.

Optical Laser T.A.G. is in scripts/sim/abilities/observePath.lua.

Footfall Dampener is in scripts/sim/abilities/sprint.lua.

Manual Icebreaker is in scripts/sim/abilities/manual_hack.lua.

The two chips and the grenade are in scripts/sim/unitdefs/itemdefs.lua.

Optical Laser T.A.G. is in scripts/sim/abilities/observePath.lua.

Footfall Dampener is in scripts/sim/abilities/sprint.lua.

Manual Icebreaker is in scripts/sim/abilities/manual_hack.lua.

Many thanks! I'll get that working in no time thanks to you!

Archived