101% deadly summer for new comers and 99% survival world reset before spring

Hello :-)

1. Summer is way too difficult. Even in winter new comers can get twigs and grass to survive the first nights.

Solution: Not all twigs and grass plants a gonna be dried out (10-20% of all twigs and grass plants on the world are still growing and regrowing) or tumbleweeds are starting to exist in all biome, but not as much as in desert area

2. Purpose of public survival server: collect grass, twigs, create alchmey engine, prepare for winter, get raided by deerclops and thats it. Not many people have enough time and patient (and need also rest from playing) to play so long. As long you log off and play next day(s) you are in front of a new world without your old stuff- result: do it all again. Never a chance of having a magice item like dark sword or fire staff.

Solution: Reset of public survival server does not depend on no living player on the world but like in the following thread on some amount of days or even destruction. Player can still resurrcet themselves at the portal.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/54657-games-almost-never-last-until-spring/

Another solution: Player will still get there old character with their stuff by choice (maybe they still like to start without anything or with another character). The old character will of course spawn at starting area / portal

If 1. will be implemented 2. can also implemented, that people will be able to join and survive in the summer. This suriving will make the season spring and summer easier, but not to easy. For example if the player does not manage to get at his 3rd day an umbrella or anything like that he/she deserves to die, by freezing (still easier then current configuration)

Well, the idea of getting some twigs and cut grass from thumbleweeds is nice indeed, but it requires somewhat more since you will 100% die from overheating in mid summer. You can farm butterflies all day, but just on your own you are guaranteed to die from overheating. Just no way to loose some temperature. But I guess devs know about this problem, and about this game being not too friendly to casual players, but they have to intend a lot of ideas anyway. For my own taste for now would be lovely to just applying some shield to new players, reducing their temperature loss by like 60-75% for one day and possibly some damage reducing by like 25% for the same day lets say. And intend that you can loose some temperature by using pounds or just standing next to them or make temperature depend on the biome player is in... In that case it would be p. good to start at summer. Unusual experience for sure. However not like they have idea problems, really.

@Diaboliko

Overheating should not kill you on the very first day, but maybe in 3 days. Means you ve enough time to save yourself. Next, during night you should not get overheated so much, even in the evening it can be normal temperature sometimes.

The shield is quite cheating. So only because the player joined in the middle of summer, he should get an advantage compared to the others? This is unfair, if a 'god' protect some player for some time. Everyone should have same conditions at the same time, doesn't matter how empty their inventories are. Then there is still a big reason to help other player. But maybe the world can recognize a new joining player and make the weather globally (and for all player) a little better for the next 1 or 2 days.

With the ponds its also a good idea, since the lava ponds does increase the players temperature. So to implement this should be very easy.

My idea is, to make every season less different difficult and the public server will randomly choose 1 of the 4 season to start with. Then all player will get more trained in spring and summer, but summer indeed is the most difficult season currently and should be made easier.

Just balance your server by using mods.

I did that:

1) Craftable Endothermic Torch

2) Nitre in starting inventory (only in summer, and only for new characters)

3) Endothermic campfire does not require science machine.

Now only newbies can die in summer, as always in any other season.

3) Endothermic campfire does not require science machine.

That's something I'm surprised isn't a thing in the game without mods. It's simple enough, and can really help in a pinch. I mean you know the regular Fire Pit without a science machine, so I don't think the Endothermic Campfire would be too far off. The Endothermic Pit though, can stay as is.

Archived