Kings

Lagoe

new map gen is really buggy, i don;t recommend it to anyone right now untill they fix it

I kinda have to disagree, here. The new map gen is definitely quite buggy, but many of the bugs don't show up in any given map, and the new maps are bigger and have a lot more *stuff*. Spiders are everywhere, pigs are usually quite populous, and if you explore enough, there rarely seems to be a shortage of boulders. The Pig King doesn't always show up (I haven't found one, yet, but I create a new world almost every time I die, and I die a lot... Generally before exploring more than a small fraction of a map) but apparently someone found two pig kings on his map. It's fun, the maps are interesting. Right now, this is a relative term, of course, but as more elements are added to the game, the increased randomness and 'naturalness' of the world generation is going to be very noticeable. In the meantime, it's Beta! Play with the buggy worldgen, if you feel like it. I do!

I like the new map gen more,even with it's lack of pig king.It pretty much gives you a lot more of everything(except for pig king),and it's gonna be one hell of a task to clean the island from all it's arachnid inhabitants,after reaching the point where any spider nest can turn into a queen any time now..So imo the new experimental map gen is a huge,be it buggy for some,improvement over the old one.

What..Afraid to get your hands dirty from rocks?

Its more challenging and at least you wont sit 24/7 at base but at least get out there and get some rocks.

I'm not afraid of mining rocks. I am afraid of running out of rocks and then having no way to craft new tools.