Day 7 in Endless mode, fully geared up, still challenging!

So I've reached day 7 in my most recent run. (started archive Xu and Prism and at I've found Nika and Internationale, the best ones I could've found I think).

I've got a bunch of upgrades and a huge amount of tools. Most notably Nika has 3 Flurry Guns and +1 ranged pen, but if you'd think I'm unstoppable then you're wrong. (Heck, Nika can even kill 2 guards/drones with ONE Flurry Gun, because of her passive, meaning I can effectively kill up to 6 guards/drones for free each mission.)

But in these difficulty levels, things just go insane. I might a huge amount of guns (both lethal and not), EMP packs (4 of them), stunners, power regen laptop + augment, a cloak, ...

I also have a very nice program setup: Wildfire (+5 power, all firewalls +1), Datablast (AoE 1 firewall hack for 3 pwr), Dagger v.2, Parasite and Wrench 3.

(It is very effective because it all synergises. Datablast and Parasite make sure the firewalls don't go to insane levels due to Wildfire, and I can even buff firewalls so they're targetable by Wrench. If a firewall get too high because it's at the end of the level and I've used Wildfire too much, Dagger v.2 can deal with it. The only thing I would replace Parasite or Wrench with would be Hammer, but I didn't find it yet)

And despite all this... each mission is still a huge challenge. [Minor Spoiler about high difficulty levels] In these levels you BEGIN the level with a super-daemon. Talking about program cost +2 for 20 turns. Or item cooldown +3 for 20 turns. Or to piss you off even more, lets install a daemon on EVERY device (effectively creating devices that have 2 daemons)

So I'm still getting into tough situations sometimes. Some levels are harder than others, but that's only due to the map generator RNG. If I find the teleporter security card early, and the teleporter, and the objective, then it's generally still easy. But more often than not those 3 locations are way apart from eachother.

Also, three 1000 credit Felix daemons is pretty painful after you just raided a vault with password. You don't quite swim in the money, like you used to before the full release.

tl;dr Good job devs, you did an awesome job at keeping Endless mode interesting and difficult!

Yeah, I'm on day 7 myself and I just had the most insane mission ever in Sankaku, had Modulate 2.0 as my archdaemon, slows down my progress to a crawl when I have to keep waiting for so long and making sure I have power for Fusion and all that. I took Prism and Archive Nika as my starting agents, found Decker and Banks. Would have preferred Xu over Banks but oh well, I've sunk a bunch of money into her and her special augment does come in handy every once in a while but haven't been able to get a Disrupter for her yet.

I have Fusion, Lockpick 1.0 (I know, freaking sucks) Wrench 3, Emergency Drip and Shade (which has helped me a few of times). I have been trying to replace Lockpick for so long but Shop Cat keeps trolling me with crappy programs. One of the most awesome things I got early on thanks to Monst3r was the augment that gives you credits the more of the map you explore. I haven't been able to get the last couple of mission objectives complete and I still walk out with over 1500 credits per mission which is quite nice.

The Biogenic Dart Gun has been pretty awesome too with Archive Nika's special augment reducing its cooldown every time I knock someone out with her. The archdaemons are just insane and really change the way missions progress. I've had quite a few where it would have been much simpler if they didn't exist. Would be awesome though if you could get positive archdaemons rarely that gave you a huge advantage like automatic power regeneration, armor piercing on all your weapons or slower alarm increase or something like that.

I've been having to knock out guards a lot lately and a lot of missions I've been like "Oh crap, this is it, I'm screwed, this is probably impossible" but I've gotten it done. Have to say though, I have no idea how you would get these missions done on Endless Plus.. Really satisfying feeling when you manage to have your agents pull through in the end and have them all super upgraded and kicking ass. They've done a great job with this mode to continuously provide a challenge and it lets you do things you could probably never do in the regular game.

(...) and Shade (...)

What does Shade do exactly?

Also, I really loved that in one of my Security Dispatch missions I found a Courrier that I had to save. I barely managed it. (really, I had the courrier teleported away and all 4 of my guys were aiting for it to respawn, while a conga line of 6 guards were investigating the corpse that was right outside the room. I was so lucky that nobody came in, because if a hadn't had a Flash Grenade (love those things) I would've died.)

A little disappointed thought that I only got some cash from it, no special extra mission or something :(

What does Shade do exactly?

Also, I really loved that in one of my Security Dispatch missions I found a Courrier that I had to save. I barely managed it. (really, I had the courrier teleported away and all 4 of my guys were aiting for it to respawn, while a conga line of 6 guards were investigating the corpse that was right outside the room. I was so lucky that nobody came in, because if a hadn't had a Flash Grenade (love those things) I would've died.)

A little disappointed thought that I only got some cash from it, no special extra mission or something :(

It reduces how far guards can see, at first I didn't understand it very well (and I still don't), I thought it was the width of their vision that would get affected so I could walk past them but nope, however, by reducing their range if they're just barely watching a door, I can make it so that it's only within their noticing range and walk right up to them and knock them out. I don't understand it fully either so take everything i just said here with a pinch of salt, I have a very basic understanding of it, when I use it I'm just thinking "Maybe it will help here?" and hoping for the best.

It reduces how far guards can see, at first I didn't understand it very well (and I still don't), I thought it was the width of their vision that would get affected so I could walk past them but nope, however, by reducing their range if they're just barely watching a door, I can make it so that it's only within their noticing range and walk right up to them and knock them out. I don't understand it fully either so take everything i just said here with a pinch of salt, I have a very basic understanding of it, when I use it I'm just thinking "Maybe it will help here?" and hoping for the best.

That seems really cool! Gonna try it in my next run if I encounter it. Right now I've replaced Datablast with Brimstone, because really, too many daemons. That extra 10% will make sure that I don't drown in the daemons.

And I just got siphoned another 1400 credits. Really Klei? Really? Can I have SOME money please?

That seems really cool! Gonna try it in my next run if I encounter it. Right now I've replaced Datablast with Brimstone, because really, too many daemons. That extra 10% will make sure that I don't drown in the daemons.

And I just got siphoned another 1400 credits. Really Klei? Really? Can I have SOME money please?

Haha I've avoided those Felix Daemons like the plague so far and it seems it's the right thing to do if they take that much money.

Haha I've avoided those Felix Daemons like the plague so far and it seems it's the right thing to do if they take that much money.

I would avoid them, but when everything has a daemon and you have a Mask daemon installed, and you MUST open each safe because you need to find the card to open the teleporter.... *cries*

I would avoid them, but when everything has a daemon and you have a Mask daemon installed, and you MUST open each safe because you need to find the card to open the teleporter.... *cries*

Yeah that's what I've been fearing. I've only gotten Fractal 2.0 once but there was a Daemon database right outside my spawn which was really handy, even if the database itself had Validate installed in it...

I've never been sure if I'm a big fan of the Felix Daemon, just kind of lame to take away a bunch of money from the player with no way to combat it other than just avoid it. I wish the money was deposited to a nearby safe or something of that nature and you could find a way to get it back.

I've never been sure if I'm a big fan of the Felix Daemon, just kind of lame to take away a bunch of money from the player with no way to combat it other than just avoid it. I wish the money was deposited to a nearby safe or something of that nature and you could find a way to get it back.

I really like this idea actually. Every other daemon is designed so you can handle them if you plan your moves. Reduced AP, more program costs, extra guards, ... But Felix just takes your money. Gone. You just did a vault? Too bad, it's all gone (on higher levels at least). I think it should be OR less than difficulty x 200 credits (I think that's the formula according to what I've seen) OR there should be some kind of counterplay. But just making your money disappear is a bad design imho.

I really like this idea actually. Every other daemon is designed so you can handle them if you plan your moves. Reduced AP, more program costs, extra guards, ... But Felix just takes your money. Gone. You just did a vault? Too bad, it's all gone (on higher levels at least). I think it should be OR less than difficulty x 200 credits (I think that's the formula according to what I've seen) OR there should be some kind of counterplay. But just making your money disappear is a bad design imho.

Spend all your money before triggering it ;)

What if you've just looted it from the level? Like a vault and got it afterwards?

I was being facetious! I don't like Felix. It doesn't really force any interesting decisions (am I running for my life? Sure, I'll trigger it. Am I looting the level? Pass). It's just annoying.

I will say that its inverse is welcomed :p

How can you guys get past day 6??

I mean, when I hit day 6 thinks start to go pretty bad.

I started with Monst3R and Central, using Faust and Brimstone, I wanted to use the new toys in the Endless Mode. Thinks wen smooth, I got some gear, found Shalem 11 (bleh) and Internationale, both active.

But after day 6, when the game becomes much harder, each mission was almost impossible. 

Maybe I was unlucky, but I kept getting the Blowfish 2.0, where the it triggers the alarm 10 times, meaning that I have only 4 turns before the Guards start swarming my agents (when the alarm hits level 3, Countermeasure becomes active, which I found a bit annoying, especially if combined with Blowfish 2.0).

So basically, I had to rush to find the exit card, stay away from the guards, and if possible find the main objective of the place. The only time I have a not so bad situation was when I was going on missions on the K&O offices, where they had the Turrets, but the drawback was the cleaning cost.

Do you guys have any tips you could give? Maybe my build was a bit weak?

Thanks!

How can you guys get past day 6??

I mean, when I hit day 6 thinks start to go pretty bad.

I started with Monst3R and Central, using Faust and Brimstone, I wanted to use the new toys in the Endless Mode. Thinks wen smooth, I got some gear, found Shalem 11 (bleh) and Internationale, both active.

But after day 6, when the game becomes much harder, each mission was almost impossible. 

Maybe I was unlucky, but I kept getting the Blowfish 2.0, where the it triggers the alarm 10 times, meaning that I have only 4 turns before the Guards start swarming my agents (when the alarm hits level 3, Countermeasure becomes active, which I found a bit annoying, especially if combined with Blowfish 2.0).

So basically, I had to rush to find the exit card, stay away from the guards, and if possible find the main objective of the place. The only time I have a not so bad situation was when I was going on missions on the K&O offices, where they had the Turrets, but the drawback was the cleaning cost.

Do you guys have any tips you could give? Maybe my build was a bit weak?

Thanks!

I started with Archive Nika and Ester, no specific reason other than I saw the devs use it and it looked pretty good and I wanted to try it out. I first found Decker which was quite nice. I got quite a few good items, including an augment that gives me more money the more of the map that I explore. So even if I don't necessarily manage to loot much I still get a decent bonus, especially now on day 7 where sometimes I have to explore a lot to find the exit card. My second agent was Banks who still up to this point doesn't have a disrupter, I just can't seem to get one.

I think my greatest strength and the thing that's keeping me alive is my ability to fight back. Every level now is basically just a mad dash as I either get Blowfish which for me is actually the best case scenario or Fractal or Modulate slow me down so bad in combination with all the Omni guards with their conciousness monitors, I always end up at at least alarm level 5.

Decker has Nerual Disrupter II and also Cloaking Rig III with the augment that lets him knock out guards in an AoE when he uses it. In the last mission I got Shock Trap III which is gonna be awesome, haven't used it yet though. Nika and Ester have augments that give them armor piercing on their disrupters which is good since they're still using basic disrupters. Also Nika has a Biogenic Dartgun that uses a cooldown and lets her knock out any guard even the guards with level 3 armor thanks to her Ventricular Lance. 

This is my 2nd Endless Run and also my best one so far. My only recommendation is to just prepare a team that's able to deal with 5 guards + drones looking for them as that's pretty much a guarantee once you get past day 5, it's super unlikely you'll get a chance to stealth through the levels and you need to be able to deal with terrible situation. Always have that backup plan, have your agents back up each other just in case one gets caught. I have had to skip at least 2 level's objectives as they were just basically impossible to get unless I really wanted to play with death due to the way the levels get generated combined with Archdeamons you get. 

=O I just hit day 5 guys... I go into this mission and I instantly got hit with a Modulate 2.0?! for TWENTY TURNS?! I am not prepared for this. I thought I had an amazing setup. I have Sharp with 2 Titanium Rods, 2 Penetrating Scanners, and Predictive Brawling with a Volt so he can hit every turn and knock people out for 7 turns, but now all my programs are too expensive to use more than one a turn! and I won't have energy for him to even attack! What have I gotten myself into..

=O I just hit day 5 guys... I go into this mission and I instantly got hit with a Modulate 2.0?! for TWENTY TURNS?! I am not prepared for this. I thought I had an amazing setup. I have Sharp with 2 Titanium Rods, 2 Penetrating Scanners, and Predictive Brawling with a Volt so he can hit every turn and knock people out for 7 turns, but now all my programs are too expensive to use more than one a turn! and I won't have energy for him to even attack! What have I gotten myself into..

Kill me.

post-267003-0-96346700-1431643901_thumb.

Hahaha I've run into that situation. I have a similar setup to yours but not quite so punishing combined with Modulate. Luckily Nika and Banks have maxed hacking. 

Thankfully my own Banks has max Hacking and an Accelerator Chip III. +9 power per console is the only way i've been able to use anything so far...

Thankfully my own Banks has max Hacking and an Accelerator Chip III. +9 power per console is the only way i've been able to use anything so far...

Yeah Modulate is just the worst, it's one of my least favorite Daemons. Just thanks god there is no Labyrinth 2.0. I would cry if I saw that. 

How i survive after day 5.

I use a lot of servers. On my previous run i used 4 Portable server III. 4 servers + fusion is about 11 PWR per turn. There are still options to play without servers though.

Also cloaks for everyone. Last time i bought 3 cloaks III in Nanofab vestibule. My agents who scout have 2 cloaks. 

Gear is more important than skills. Average price of good gear is about 1000. So are last skills. And cloak is better, than +1 ap. You can meet good stuff everywhere. So i carry money.

I always carry a vault key which i never use. I need it in case everything goes wrong, to open an elevator door. Or you can use a vault key, to save exit key for the next missions.

Door traps are awesome, they are able to take down anyone with any armour in quite a big radius. If everyone would carry a few door traps, the game to day 10 would be a cake walk.

I never take anyone down without a reason and i never activate a daemon without a reason. Daemons don't stack, so you can sync and hack the same daemons in one turn.

Nika and Tag pistol is good. For each shot she has +3 ap and she can shoot twice.

Dr. Xu can take off heart monitors, so you can kill.

Banks is usefull, so as Internationale. 

are you guys playing endless or endless+. because on endless around day seven was the time were things got easy again for me. at that point all the impotant skills were maxed, equipment was plenty and I pretty much had the hackin programms I wanted. only augments were somewhat lacking. partly becasue of my indesicion.

started with central and and sharp. and found internationale and banks later.

centrals augment doesn't help you much early game, but late game +5 pwr per deamon is awesome. in the early game her level 3 anarchy  good as well. brought is to 5 on day 2 i think. that pays for itself fast. especially if you do K&O runs.

I didn't find the right augments for sharp at first. but now he's sporting torgue injectors, predictive brawling and 3 penetration scanners. +4 amremor penetration (Neural Dis. II) with 5 turn knockout. hell yeah.

internationale's base augment is as great as ever. I added cloak speed and cloak flash. knocking out 8 armor omni guards is fun.

banks became my shooter. but I can count the times were I had to use lethal force on one hand. her augment is nice too.

programs are: seed, hammer, wrench 4, brimstone and hunter.

seed is weak early when you don't have expesinve skills, but late game it's by far the best. I took parasite in the beginning to make up for it. hammer and wrench4 are the main hacking skills. brimstone to get firewalls down to 4 (for the wrench) and for the deamon reversal. hunter because even with central and brimstone you don't want to trigger validate or blowfish.

and I have to agree with Alex105. portable servers are impotant. I'm bringing two currently but thinking about adding another one.

buster chips help as well.they make the main target for programs cameras, followed by bots.

did anyone of you get the Prototype Chip that let's you take console power and hack firewalls for 1 PWR per level? helps a ton.

@NightLexxe: at day 5 or 6 the teleporter room is locked. you have to get a keycard from one of the safes to unlock it. a vault key will do in a pinch but its somewhat of a waste.

so at day 9 I'm swimming in money and every skill is maxed. I still have to decide on the 4th augment for internationale and banks. and central still only has her base augment.

the only time it can get dicey is if the initial deamon is a Blowfish 2.0. I can deal with the rest fairly well.

I've been avoiding Plastech like the plague though. those modded scare me. between the hacking and the deamon I'm thinking the lethal option might actually be the best. I think I'll try to weep SA and Africa once I reach day ten. I picked up Anatomy Analysis since my last visit.

Archived