Need tips on killing dragonfly

I play only with my girlfriend, we are at day 200 and we have done pretty much everything but killing the dragonfly, so i would like some advice, is there a way to kill the dragonfly alone? Im asking this because she is quite bad at fighting bosses and stuff so i would have to kill it almost alone, any tips are welcome!

Get 3-4 people.

2-3 people kite the dragonfly.

1 guy stand back and hit it with regular blowdarts or any ranged weapon (I guess an Ice staff if you can).

Well, its only me and my girlfriend, and she is bad at fighting bosses.

Alone? Only hope is to play as Wolfgang. And then you'd need to hit it 400-500 times with a Hambat

(I'd take another second to work out the exact amount of hits but I'm busy and you can't solo it so here have a ballpark number.) 

Baring in mind that the Dragonfly is faster than the player and if she leaves her arena despawns and respawns 16 seconds later with full health. Pretty much you need to go in and find a quick way to deal 27,500 damage before she does 400 damage to you. 

So for you my friend, lets hope you haven't used your worlds Pan Flute yet! 

• Run into the Arena
  • Pan Flute the Dragon
  • Place your 138 gunpowder right under her nose (3 full stacks and a stack of 18)
  • Light 'em up and watch as you just one shot a Dragonfly.
  • Now celebrate! You now have 1-2 Scales and a small amount of gems and gold! 
  • And all it took was 138 eggs, 138 charcoal (69+ dead trees), 138 Nitre, 2 grass, and 2 twigs.
  • Rinse and Repeat.

Alone? Only hope is to play as Wolfgang. And then you'd need to hit it 400-500 times with a Hambat

(I'd take another second to work out the exact amount of hits but I'm busy and you can't solo it so here have a ballpark number.) 

Baring in mind that the Dragonfly is faster than the player and if she leaves her arena despawns and respawns 16 seconds later with full health. Pretty much you need to go in and find a quick way to deal 27,500 damage before she does 400 damage to you. 

So for you my friend, lets hope you haven't used your worlds Pan Flute yet! 

• Run into the Arena
  • Pan Flute the Dragon
  • Place your 138 gunpowder right under her nose (3 full stacks and a stack of 18)
  • Light 'em up and watch as you just one shot a Dragonfly.
  • Now celebrate! You now have 1-2 Scales and a small amount of gems and gold! 
  • And all it took was 138 eggs, 138 charcoal (69+ dead trees), 138 Nitre, 2 grass, and 2 twigs.
  • Rinse and Repeat.

I actually tried it, but as soon as the 1st 40 gunpowder stack explodes, the dragon fly quickly runs to the lava pools and starts spawning larvae, and then im pretty much dead. I cant find a way to light all stacks at the exact same time.

This is why you always wall in the Magma pools before you try to fight it. She can still spawn Lavae but they can't get you. 

im going to try that for sure, but for now, is there a way to light all the gunpowder stacks at the exact same time? i mean the 3 40x stacks and the 18x stack.

is there a way to light all the gunpowder stacks at the exact same time

Will it work if you leave a backpack on the ground and light that up instead? With a firestaff?

Does the ice staff work on her? Maybe freeze her in place as soon as first explosions wake her up?

I'm just making guesses. Not sure if they'll work as I've yet to kill her in DST.

Will it work if you leave a backpack on the ground and light that up instead? With a firestaff?

Does the ice staff work on her? Maybe freeze her in place as soon as first explosions wake her up?

I'm just making guesses. Not sure if they'll work as I've yet to kill her in DST.

The backpack trick doesnt work, as the backpack burns it only drops the gunpowder.

The ice staff seems to work only before she enters the "larvae spawn mode", after that 99% of the attempts to freeze her just fail.

The backpack trick doesnt work, as the backpack burns it only drops the gunpowder.

What about a chest? Hahaha~ it seems weird building a chest. But isn't that how the Beefalo trap works? Once the container starts burning, the gunpowder inside explodes after a couple of seconds.

How about drop a sapling or grass tuft in the middle of gunpowder pile, and light that up instead? Hopefully that will smolder and burn all nearby stacks at around the same time.

What about a chest? Hahaha~ it seems weird building a chest. But isn't that how the Beefalo trap works? Once the container starts burning, the gunpowder inside explodes after a couple of seconds.

How about drop a sapling or grass tuft in the middle of gunpowder pile, and light that up instead? Hopefully that will smolder and burn all nearby stacks at around the same time.

The chest trick has the same result as the backpack.

I have tried to ignite a log in the middle of the gunpowder stacks carefully placed in the same distance, still not exploding at the same time.

Archived