Revised Giants surprising behavior

I know this has been discussed but the Deerclops behaved so weirdly that I thought it must be a bug. He appeared in the last days of the winter, we were far from our main camp exploring the map and he just didn't do anything. We hear "something big is coming", the shaking etc and then he stands at the margins of the light from our fire barely visible and just hangs out there without moving. During the day, we walks two steps in one direction and then back but nothing else. He doesn't attack anything...  Is that really intended?

Well, if you only had a campfire and nothing like a science machine or anything, then it is normal. Deerclops is now only initially after structures he can destroy, so he will leave people and creatures alone.

It's like a robber. He comes after you and says "gimme all your structures or I'll shoot you" and you just quietly say "I don't have any" and he just awkwardly stands there trying to figure out the next step.

^

Why do I always run out of likes :(

Here: +1 [Like This]

EDIT: Nevermind, my likes have regenerated... :)

The Deerclops is one of the giants that is really buffed by having extra health. With some of them it's just more time consuming, but the Deerclops becomes awesome with more health. 

I find myself genuinely scared of him in DST. I panic the way I used to in my first few days of playing Don't Starve when I heard Hound growls. 

The Deerclops is one of the giants that is really buffed by having extra health. With some of them it's just more time consuming, but the Deerclops becomes awesome with more health. 

I find myself genuinely scared of him in DST. I panic the way I used to in my first few days of playing Don't Starve when I heard Hound growls. 

Well, Deerclops' health buffing is nice, making him a bit difficult to intermediate class players to help each other to get rid of him.

His health buff means his insanity aura duration is also twiced lol.

Archived