Trap in the new Update

I've come along this trap in the new update once before and found out that when you open the chest the season changes.

I've found nothing about it and I was wondering what other's experiences with it was.

I was also wondering if you can defuse it by hammering the objects.

Heres a picture of the trap:

Gr8DgYx.png

Yeah, I ran across one that made it summer once.  It was in the desert, it definitely looked similar, but I thought it had an extra item in it.

No one was thrilled that I opened it, and then we all died to heat soon thereafter.  (my bad, oops)

Yeah, I ran across one that made it summer once.  It was in the desert, it definitely looked similar, but I thought it had an extra item in it.

No one was thrilled that I opened it, and then we all died to heat soon thereafter.  (my bad, oops)

Take cover under trees much?

Yeah, I did indeed.  But no one was ready for it, we were all prepping for winter (it was mid fall).   We did eventually get a flingomatic built, but not before most of the base went up in flames.  Some of us did in fact survive for a bit more, while others did die from over-heating.  It probably didn't help that we'd deforested the base area a bit too aggressively as well.

I was so ashamed that, as the host no less, I'd triggered that trap that I must admit that when I died I just logged out.  I really should have known better.

It was ugly XirmiX, I won't lie.

(but I probably did overstate it when I said we ALL died to heat soon thereafter, there was a day or two of struggling, and some people died to other causes)

Yeah, I did indeed.  But no one was ready for it, we were all prepping for winter (it was mid fall).   We did eventually get a flingomatic built, but not before most of the base went up in flames.  Some of us did in fact survive for a bit more, while others did die from over-heating.  It probably didn't help that we'd deforested the base area a bit too aggressively as well.

I was so ashamed that, as the host no less, I'd triggered that trap that I must admit that when I died I just logged out.  I really should have known better.

It was ugly XirmiX, I won't lie.

(but I probably did overstate it when I said we ALL died to heat soon thereafter, there was a day or two of struggling, and some people died to other causes)

You could just use the "go back in time by going back to a previous save file" function. Or did you delete that world already?

They also sometimes turn the world into Summer instead of Winter, but I think they are a lot more rare.

Ahuehuehue. It happened to my server one time as well. Someone found it near the Lava pit with Dragonfly, and it turned to summer, server vanished soon afterwards because no one was prepared for Summer (its early autumn, not to mention.)

ONTOPIC: Yeah, its called the ice box Set piece Trap.. though if it does appear only in desert (as I mentioned out of topic earlier), it will always become summer should the trap sets off. Else, it will just set off as Winter instead.

Oh, the winter trap is totally not new, and is absolutely in the original single-player non-ROG version.

It's the summer trap version that only came with ROG.

You could just use the "go back in time by going back to a previous save file" function. Or did you delete that world already?

Oh, it was on one of my dedicated servers, running survival.  The survival servers are constantly getting new worlds as people die off and it regenerates.  So I'm not too attached to anything on them.  (it was also not that far into the game, maybe half to 2/3 of autumn, so no big loss)

(Now that ROG isn't the beta-testing version only I've converted one server to wilderness, so we'll see how long that one goes, but survival servers are like mayflies, just here for the day)

Archived