Strategies for Webber

Been thinking about all the Webber players anxious to get their spider armies together and thinking about strategies to counter them early in the game.  Could kill any nests encountered in the early days to slow them down I guess.  Maybe lureplants, but they are so easy to remove.  Pigs, but you would need a lot of them if there was a large army.   Wonder what others have come up with.  

Definitely build your base in a pig village. They will always be found on roads, so follow any as soon as you see them. Also make sure to hammer down pig houses that aren't nearby for the supplies, and then make more pig houses out of them to plant near your base.

Also, spiders instantly die to animal traps, so you could scatter a bunch of those around. I mean yeah, Webber could pick them up, but he has to run out of inventory space eventually.

What I usually do in DST os even the Regular Don't Starve is when there is a cluster of spiders in one area, ill ally a couple and make them attack one another (ones I havent ally'd). Doing this WITHOUT hitting them yourself will start a spider genocide, amassing large amounts of Silk, glands, and even monster meat (pick them up fast enough of course).

If people bring armies against you in pvp it's very easy to evade them.

1) Outrun them.

2) Run into enemy (pigs <-> spiders )

3) Run into hostiles (red bees, swamp, etc.)

I've not had any issues with armies going against me.  Honestly the only annoying "pet" is the ghost pet.

It's very funny to see some puffed up fool running at you with their pig army only to see them get ripped apart by spiders or bees or tentacles. *remember to pick up their loot*

I was thinking of the Webbers in the non PVP servers.  Getting armies then chasing other players or coming into camps.  Not sure why they don't just play PVP if they are so bent on killing other players or bushwacking new players.  I've been chased by armies twice, but just ran away and haven't had it happen in my camp yet. Most Webber players aren't particularly good at leveraging his skillset, get mad, then plant their eggs at the portal and leave.  If a player does manage to accumulate a lot of nests, I just wait for an empty server then remove their spider nests.  If you can get a couple of game days - lureplants and a fire staff do the job nicely.  I set up once with six lureplants and managed to kill 18 T3 nests in just one day.  Emerging queens and all.

They don't play on the PVP servers because they know people like me will kill them :D   Instead, they try kill people on PVE servers that don't know what's going on.

Your best bet early game is probably to kill an elephant asap with an axe (hit 5 times then dodge then hit 5 times again... repeat)

Once you have a lot of ham then you can befriend pigs by feeding them 1 ham each.  Then find the webber player and take over their base.

Archived