What are the names of Adventure mode's worlds based on?

Generic phrases and stuff. You know, when two worlds meet (two people with entirely different lifestyles), or when somebody gets the cold shoulder straight away (a cold reception). Then again, I haven't read a lot of english books, so I may be missing something.

I don't think I need to explain what an archipelago is.

"A Cold Reception"  it is Maxwell that greets you, and speaks to you upon finishing a world "Oh, You found my portal did you? You'd think you would have learned your lesson by now. Hmm. Let's try something a little more challenging, shall we?"

"King of Winter"  "Well, would you look at that, you survived. One down, four to go!"

"The Game is Afoot"  "What? You're still here? Impressive, but you should probably stop while you're ahead."

"Archeplego"  "Say, pal. You're really pushing your luck. Turn back now, or I may have to resort to drastic measures."

"Two Worlds"  "Say. pal. Let's make a deal. You can stay here. Settle down, even. I'll give you food, gold, pigs, whatever you need. All I want in return is a truce."

"Darkness"  "You insolent, pitiful, insignificant ant! Do not arouse the wrath of the great Maxwell! You will regret coming any further..."

"Checkmate"—epilogue     "Well, this is it. You found me. Now, what are you going to do?"   

"A Cold Reception"  it is Maxwell that greets you, and speaks to you upon finishing a world "Oh, You found my portal did you? You'd think you would have learned your lesson by now. Hmm. Let's try something a little more challenging, shall we?"

"King of Winter"  "Well, would you look at that, you survived. One down, four to go!"

"The Game is Afoot"  "What? You're still here? Impressive, but you should probably stop while you're ahead."

"Archeplego"  "Say, pal. You're really pushing your luck. Turn back now, or I may have to resort to drastic measures."

"Two Worlds"  "Say. pal. Let's make a deal. You can stay here. Settle down, even. I'll give you food, gold, pigs, whatever you need. All I want in return is a truce."

"Darkness"  "You insolent, pitiful, insignificant ant! Do not arouse the wrath of the great Maxwell! You will regret coming any further..."

"Checkmate"—epilogue     "Well, this is it. You found me. Now, what are you going to do?"   

But most of the worlds are randomly chosen, means they aren't always gonna be the order you related Maxwell's quotes to, so they can't relate.

I don't think much thought was put into the names (Archipelago, for example). They usually give a hint as to what the "catch" of that world is, but some have double meanings.

King of Winter might be a reference to the Deerclops (he spawns sooner, right?). The Game is Afoot is a phrase Sherlock Holmes is known for, but it makes me think of "The Most Dangerous Game".

Hmm, sounds quite interresting! What do you think would be a good name for an adventure mode world with a permanent RoG summer? Do you have any interresting ideas of some worlds for adventure mode?

The only ones crossing my mind are "Burning Sensation" or "Hotspot" (I don't know anything to do with "boilerplate", could be interesting)

As for additional challenge in that world, how about bridges similiar to King of Winter, but with a burnable obstacle?

The only ones crossing my mind are "Burning Sensation" or "Hotspot" (I don't know anything to do with "boilerplate", could be interesting)

As for additional challenge in that world, how about bridges similiar to King of Winter, but with a burnable obstacle?

Sounds interresting... Though for the name I was thinking something more alongnthe lines of having the word "Inferno" in there.

Hmm, I might not find what I'm looking for... But I've had this name on my mind as the title for quite a while: Burning Man

Burning Man could reference Dragonfly as it is burning or something, but so far I see the name most fitting.

Does anyone have any other cool ideas for any other worlds that could be there?

Also, fun fact: My English teacher didn't know what the word Archipelago meant until I defined it to her :p

Does anyone have any other cool ideas for any other worlds that could be there?

Also, fun fact: My English teacher didn't know what the word Archipelago meant until I defined it to her :razz:

How about a mushroom kingdom? As in, there's no food but mushrooms, mushroom trees, mandrakes, that kind of stuff. That alone should still be easily survivable though, so scatter some glow berries around >=D

Ask your geography teach :p

Hmm, sounds quite interresting! What do you think would be a good name for an adventure mode world with a permanent RoG summer? Do you have any interresting ideas of some worlds for adventure mode?

50 Days Of Summer - Days 51, 52, 53 are respectively Wet Autumn, Bitterly cold winter and Wet Wet Wet Spring, then 50 more days of summer.

Summery Execution

Blister In The Sun

Doggy's Inferno - Red hounds spawn frequently

Infer No Relief

Fun In The Sun

Scorched Earth - The terrain features a lot of close packed areas of grass, berry bushes, saplings and trees and an increased chance of plants catching fire, causing regular bush fires. (Using a shovel to create a fire break when camping is recommended.)

A Place Where There Is No Darkness - In addition to perma-summer, the moon is always full. Oh, and there are lots of pigs.

Dragon's Lair - The Dragonfly starts out spawned on an island in the middle of a bridge to the Wooden Thing.

Fire and Ice - Starts out in Summer for 7 days, changes to Winter for 6, Summer for 5 and so on until every other day is Summer then Winter.

Dark Side Of The Sun - Despite being permanently summer, each day has only three hours of daylight and three hours of dusk.

Special No-Prizes for people who spot the actual references/allusions used here.

Oh, also I had a couple of ideas posted here and here.

@SapphireBullets I like your creativity, however there is one problem; multiple hexagons cannot form a giant hexagon. It would work with pentagons, but not hexagons. With hexagons it would either need to have half hexagonal islands at the edges or the big hexagonbwould be quite edgy... Wait, how about that being a world where there are a lot of bee hives, ei? And may be have a very short winter, short autumn and spring and long summer! Because the bee combs are hexagonal, so if the islands are "hexagonal"... That would be cool, don't youbtuink :D ?

It'd be shaped like this, see?

Magic-Hexagon-Complete.png

And if you really want to get picky, hexagons and pentagons are impossible because the game uses square tiles.

Also bee world would be... potentially interesting if killer bee hives weren't all clustered together like that one island in archipelago. Especially if it caused more and more evil flowers to spawn from pollination. And you started in spring. >:]

Archived