Artist looking to team up with coders!

Kafaid

:juggling: I love looking through the workshop to find new mods, but have noticed some of item the based mods don't always match the style of the game (and/or sometimes are just filtered photos?)

I would love to contribute to some fun projects that need art, or team up with a coder for some of my own ideas. 

I don't mind working with multiple people either!

Only thing I don't really want to do is character sprites lol; 

I'm trying my hand at making one for myself and all the little parts are kind of a pain. 

And I'm not really interested in doing all the work for someone's personal OC for free.

But if you just need simple item sprites (for a mod that I can play with lol) I am happy to help!

You can check out my art stuff here: http://kafai.deviantart.com/

Most of it is usually more painted/rendered, but I can also sort of style match.

:wilson_love: :wilson_love: :wilson_love:

@Kafaid, I love your stuff. those props are really really impressive!

I'm wanting to program more mods for Don't Starve and DST. But I don't have the art or animation chops to make the images for them (I do alright in photoshop but honestly I'd rather focus on the programming and let someone else have the fun doing the art!) 

Mostly the things I'm wanting to make are structures or items! So the animation they'd require is about as minimal as it gets, and no where near as complex as custom characters (which tbh I'm not interested in making at all haha). Do you do animation?

If you're still active and would still like to do some mod art, I'd love to work with you!

About me: I'm still learning the Don't Starve and DST API, but I haven't had too many problems so far. I've taken programming classes before so I know my way around it well enough to adapt that knowledge to the lua language and modding for DS. So far I have one completed don't starve mod, and am almost done porting it to DST. I'm no pro, but if I'm working on a project I give it 100%. I honestly really enjoy the problem solving aspect of programming and work hard to make sure it's bug free and neatly written. I'm wanting to stick with structures and items for now while I am learning to use the don't starve API. 

@ Kafaid and Taryn

If either of you two are interested, I have been working on a mod since Jamuary that I could use some help with. Their are items I need touched up, some scriptwork that I could use help on, And some animations, that seem to be waaay to tedious for one person to work on. If interested, PM me and I'll give you all the details. So far it's been a fun toon to create. I'm wanting to publish soon, and with either of you two helping, I think I can get this toon into the wilderness!

Archived