Hounds: Delay between warning barks and attack decreases over time?

Has anyone noticed this or is it just in my head?

I was handling dogs easily by dropping pieces of monster meat on the ground at a completely separate location to my main base (to avoid that sad moment when you watch everything you've worked for burning to the ground). Yet I just got killed in the last attack. I could've sworn the warning barks were brief before the main attack... they just jumped me and caught me with my pants down as I was still preparing.

I was on day 91 or 94 I think. Anybody else experience something similar?

And just to make my question clear...

Usually you have a lot of time to prepare for these hound attacks as you can hear their barking from a distance before they close in on and attack you. Does this "warning time" decrease as you get later into the game? Usually I noticed its a couple of game hours but in the attack that caused my death I could've sworn it was less.

I think it's just psychological. The first time you hear them it seems like they take ages to come, so over several attacks you get lulled into a sense of safety as you attempt to finish off whatever you were doing at the time just before the hounds approach, so that you aren't just "standing there" looking stupid as the hounds take their time.

I'm on day 239 and I have not noticed anything of the sort. I think you might be imagining this one.

Ditto. I'm on day 221 and I noticed nothing like that.

It's still pretty easy.... I used to lure the hounds to my bee camp or my pig village or even close to beefalos and they get distracted... And when they themselves start dropping monster meat, they stop the attack to eat the thing lol.

Now I just keep a log armor and football helmet handy and go at them myself. Wolfgang is beast.