DS and DST needs illnesses!

Imagine you eat a spoiled chuck o beefalo and later the next day you have a random illness like the swine flu and your character is slow throws up frequently (reduces hunger meter) and has is very fragile (2x damage). Also as a DST exclusive you can spread the illness by contact. Of course with illnesses there should be a medical machine that can craft different medicines like penicillin or cough syrup. There would be multiple deaseases that have different effects...

So what do u think?

I can barely remember what to do when someone has a bleeding wound. How am I supposed to remember how to treat someone with sickly green skin? Or what to use penicillin on? Seems a bit too complicated for me. Can't we just use a blue mushroom to cure all our illnesses?

SO MUCH NOPE!

For vanilla DS I think it wouldn't be a bad idea. People get advanced base and most of the supplies by the end of first summer so the game would be a bit more challenging but when Through the Ages comes out and RoG will be implemented... Let's say we will have enough troubles dealing with weather, giants and whatever new update will give us.

We need more external challenges in DST (caves, etc.) and more bugfixes in Don't Strave before we can start worrying about adding another "meter" to the game for illnesses.

Balancing health, sanity, and hunger is already trying... not to mention temperature and precipitation values during RoG seasons.

Plus the characters would have to start with one hell of an immunity system. Being plopped into a strange world they've never been to full of creatures they've never before been in contact with? They'd have absolutely no antibodies to anything whatsoever and the first time they ate a berry off the bush or so much as looked at monster meat they'd come down with the black death and instantaneously seize up and all their skin would turn necrotic and fall off.

Archived