Unlockable Character Mod?

Is there a way to make my character mod an unlockable character? Like with Webber you need to BLAH BLAH SPOILERS! I want my character to be unlocked instead of just playable after download. I'll go into detail about how I want him to be unlocked after I find out if it's even possible or not.

• Developer

Yes, it is possible to do that, for example, the Markiplier mod, for unlocking Wilford Warfstahe you have to open up the Blacksmith safe with the blacksmith key which you have a 50% chance of acquiring after killing the Hooded Hero

You didn't finish brah! the hooded hero has a chance to spawn when you turn into the maniac! and there's a chance to turn into the maniac every night! and the blacksmith safe is in a random place in your world! c:

Okay, cool. So what I want to do is...

Make a whole new item called "The Golden Walrus" and it kinda works like the meat effigy. The difference is, it isn't for the player. When you build The Golden Walrus (15 gold, 2 tusks, 1 fish) you need to wait a week (7 Days) for stuff to happen. When stuff starts to happen, it does the same animation that the meat effigy does except Waislott The Walrus comes out, then I want him to do something KINDA like Maxwell does after you save him. He breaks out of The Golden Walrus and grabs his head as if having a headache then begins to watch in fear as his body begins to transform into a skeleton of his former self and then explodes and it rains dead fish, unlocking the character AND filling the current player's belly as an exchange for all the stuff they spent making The Golden Walrus and waiting. What do you think?

function ModPlayerProfile(PlayerProfile)
    function PlayerProfile:IsCharacterUnlocked(character)
        if character == "wilson" then
            return true
        end
        if self.persistdata.unlocked_characters[character] then
            return true
        end
        if not table.contains(CHARACTERLIST, character) and character ~= "wilford" then
            return true
        end
        return false
    end
end
AddGlobalClassPostConstruct("playerprofile", "PlayerProfile", ModPlayerProfile)
--this is to lock the character place it in the modmain

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

local player = GetPlayer()
player.profile:UnlockCharacter("wilford")
player.profile.dirty = true
player.profile:Save()
GetWorld():PushEvent("wilfordunlocked")
--this is to unlock the character! place it in a function or create a function that triggers when you want the character unlocked!
--oh and replace "wilford" with your character's name!

But how would I make/trigger my animations, how do I make it rain fishertons, and how do I make the item with it's recipe?

This is my first ever mod, but I would like to make a decent impression on the modding community.

having everyone else do the work at every single stage makes an impression, just not the one you seem to think it does.  You're asking a lot of questions which is good but how much time are you spending UNDERSTANDING what you've done at each stage?  Are you even looking over code from similar mods?

There are literally hundreds upon hundreds of examples of  'need to spawn something' so you shouldnt have to ask in the least about spawning the fish.

Honestly there is nothing wrong with getting help. But you're not getting help. You're having everyone else slowly write each and every single piece of this mod and then just uploading it under your name.

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about and how this has to do with unlocking a character.........? o.0

I accidentally sent that post about my plan prematurely. I've edited it so if you didn't see it before reading the next one you'd probably wouldn't get it. Either that or I'm just completely looking the wrong way about doing this.

having everyone else do the work at every single stage makes an impression, just not the one you seem to think it does. You're asking a lot of questions which is good but how much time are you spending UNDERSTANDING what you've done at each stage? Are you even looking over code from similar mods?

There are literally hundreds upon hundreds of examples of 'need to spawn something' so you shouldnt have to ask in the least about spawning the fish.

Honestly there is nothing wrong with getting help. But you're not getting help. You're having everyone else slowly write each and every single piece of this mod and then just uploading it under your name.

Nevermind then, I guess I shouldn't make the mod. :I

Make the mod. Just also put in some effort.  You've been given a lot of help. A lot of it applies to things you ask later but you dont apply the knowledge you supposedly gained. You're not gonna make what you're planning as a first mod without a TON of effort.  

PUT IN THAT EFFORT.

That is all

I used to be a dumbdumb when I started modding! when I first did smiley all I ever did was ask other people "how the hell do I do this?!" but when I took initiative and did things on my own I ended up learning how lua works! now I'm working on the highly advanced Markiplier mod!.... sadly I'm pretty much the only programmer except for the occasional help from Seronis! oh and when I decide to steal code from other people's mods because I can't for the life of me figure out how the hell to do something!

Archived