Flint: You Need Flint? Good Luck With That

I think we need to gave an axe as starting item :wilson_goodjob:

I was thinking of everyone starting off with 3 flint, but I feel that might affect servers in a negative way (like me going on a older server and just to realize all of the stone ore nodes are gone).  

Maybe a nice way to deal with this would be a event listener. When a player spawns, if his age is less than 2 seconds, the game checks around the player for 3 flint in 1,5 screen radius. If nothing is found, the game makes three small meteors land near the player, dropping 3 to 6 flints.

Personally, I never had issues. I can survive with torches for days.

@lammaer, Meteors fall in rocky biomes, dropping flint continuously over the course of the game. So find a rocky biome, and you've found flint, as well as the means to acquire more flint.

@lammaer, there is your answer.  You dont even have to be that much of a veteran to know that yet everyone seems to forget that and complain complain complain that they cant find flint.  Here's an idea, did you try looking for flint?

As for mature servers being unplayable, they are only unplayable for newer players.  A veteran Don't Starver can spawn in a world on any day count in any season and mange just fine.

@lammaer, Meteors fall in rocky biomes, dropping flint continuously over the course of the game. So find a rocky biome, and you've found flint, as well as the means to acquire more flint.

^ This. If the rocky biome is cleared of flint, wander nearby and return every half a day or so. By the time the world gets to where there's no flint the meteor storms will become frequent enough that you're bound to get more flint raining from the heavens. As long as you pay attention and don't get twatted you'll be fine getting a pick from that and mining your way into the rest of it.

Alternately there's the mod renewable world that makes flint respawn, as well as every other non-renewable resource. Endless games go~

Archived