HOW TO RUN THE SERVER?

Getting this thing to even run is most frustrating thing ever. Messing with files in different directories, mod enabling, adding admins, world config. Everything in this thing is confusing and not properly explained anywhere.

And at the end all it does is Reset() returning.

I don't even.

Having Reset() returning at the end of the console screen is actually quit common and doesn't mean your server isn't running. In fact it's always been there on mine and I have very active servers. If you cannot access your server, it's more likely a hardware (router/modem) or firewall settings issue.

I'd recommend letting us know your server name so that we may try to access it, it could in fact be running.

A correctly set up server will look like this when it is running properly:

sEZziOl.png

Having Reset() returning at the end of the console screen is actually quit common and doesn't mean your server isn't running. In fact it's always been there on mine and I have very active servers. If you cannot access your server, it's more likely a hardware (router/modem) or firewall settings issue.

I'd recommend letting us know your server name so that we may try to access it, it could in fact be running.

A correctly set up server will look like this when it is running properly:

sEZziOl.png

Why on earth I can't make my server visible for me, I want to have server and client on the same PC just for some mod testing, and on lan I can't use the console.

That is a common issue and there are many solutions in the sticky at the top of this sub-forum. Read through and test each one, a single at a time, until you find one that works. The problem is not with the dedicated server software, it's with your operating system configurations and hardware.

That is a common issue and there are many solutions in the sticky at the top of this sub-forum. Read through and test each one, a single at a time, until you find one that works. The problem is not with the dedicated server software, it's with your operating system configurations and hardware.

I don't think so, I can run terraria dedicated server any time and connect to it from the same machine.

I won't spend my time on trying hundreds of things, that may or may not work. It should run after I set it up on correct port. I have port forwarding done already. Still can't see the server. GG.

Don't Starve Together dedicated server software is not the same as any other dedicated server software. Don't compare apples to oranges when you are talking about two completely different games made by two completely different companies.

Don't Starve Together dedicated server software is not the same as any other dedicated server software. Don't compare apples to oranges when you are talking about two completely different games made by two completely different companies.

There are some standards I got used to from other dedicated servers. I wont be going back to stone age only cause they ask me to do so.

Archived