Dedicated Server Save Directory

Why on earth dedicated server config and other files are placed in the same folder as normal DST, its annoying and confusing. I can't even make one mod to run on dedicated server. And have no idea how, even after checking the wiki and getting right files in the places they should be the mod is downloaded but never enabled.

You can change the configuration directory by using -config_dir foldername in the console while launching the dedicate server or if on windows through the shortcut arguments.

In order to enable mods on dedicated servers you must create a modoverrides.lua file in your configuration directory and input the following code in it:

return {    ["WORKSHOP ID HERE or FOLDER NAME HERE"] = { enable = true },    ["WORKSHOP ID HERE or FOLDER NAME HERE"] = { enable = true },    ["WORKSHOP ID HERE or FOLDER NAME HERE"] = { enable = true },    ["WORKSHOP ID HERE or FOLDER NAME HERE"] = { enable = true },} 

After that you should be able to easily update your mods to work on dedicated servers.

You can change the configuration directory by using -config_dir foldername in the console while launching the dedicate server or if on windows through the shortcut arguments.

In order to enable mods on dedicated servers you must create a modoverrides.lua file in your configuration directory and input the following code in it:

return {    ["WORKSHOP ID HERE or FOLDER NAME HERE"] = { enable = true },    ["WORKSHOP ID HERE or FOLDER NAME HERE"] = { enable = true },    ["WORKSHOP ID HERE or FOLDER NAME HERE"] = { enable = true },    ["WORKSHOP ID HERE or FOLDER NAME HERE"] = { enable = true },} 

After that you should be able to easily update your mods to work on dedicated servers.

I did it like on the wiki: 

return {    ["workshop-357875628"] = { enabled = true },		}

DOnt works at all.

Just chiming in, tested the Wall Gates mod.  It is working on my server.  I enabled the installation of the mod in file:

dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua

and enabled the mod itself in:

modoverrides.lua

Created stone wall gates and locked stone wall gates.  Very nice/convenient touch, making them lock/unlock together.

-EDIT-

I've had to scrap the session (player data) & server (server map history) folder contents to get some mods working, essentially wiping the server (map is separate file, so it is preserved).

Archived