Unofficial API Documentation

hottehead

Pfff you'll never stop making mods when modding, trust me on that one.

HA! I know.......In the works, (mind you im only on my first still) I have a trapped superhero with lightening powers, I mentioned Courage. A caveman that uses pig animations, and about 6 other ones (that im afraid to mention cause I keep thinking someone will take the idea and eff up mine! lol) And to be  a decent enough modder to grab a few people who want a challenge to make a PvP mode map.

And then a few terrible joke mods (one being a floating skull that sucks in everything, and i did mention the rabbit )

So i'll be at it a while, and im sure you've been there where you say "OMG I gotta finish this thing......."    

That and I want to finish some of these projects, so i can help out with some of these collabs going around, Since I have at least 3 ideas for world challenge maps, and Im going to have to build some relationship with the people creating these worlds at some point. 

So did we get confirmation that it wont be coming back online? :(

Well, I have no idea how to decompile it.

But I know there is still one way to view the site. one TEMPORARY way.

You can view google's chache'd version of any webpage by taking the url and adding "cache:" (no quotes) directly in front of it. You can then navigate around the non-existant site by clicking the links, getting re-directed to that same error page, and typing "cache:" in front of that url and hitting enter. rinse and repeat.

If it's an important page that you want to save, you can just ctrl-s and save the webpage and html file like I just did for the health component, and then you can view it again at any time

Health _ Don't Starve Unofficial API Documentation_files.zip

Idk about doing that for every page on the website though. there's a looooot of pages...

But this method will only be possible for a while until google's webcrawlers re-scan those pages and replace their archives with the current broken ones. After that, whatever isn't saved will be gone for good. (unless the site owner has copies somewhere)

I believe the files hottehead provided are the internal wordpress files. I took a quick look and it contains plugin data and a db (database) file too. I'll try to see if I can do something with them tomorrow in a few days.

Edit: The backup was created using UpdraftPlus, if anyone is interested in reading/searching on that.

Edit 2: If I understood correctly, you should be able to retrieve the entire site by getting that plugin on a new wordpress site and "restoring" it using those files through the plugin options.

Archived