Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

SunSunSun

new syntax modoverrideS.lua

SunSunSun    0

I dont unterstand the changed syntax from modoverrides.lua. Could someone correct myone?

dst@s17837415:~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether$ cat modoverrides.luareturn {        --Simple Protection        ["workshop-360823660"] = {enabled = true,configuration_options ={-- Starting daystarting_day = 10,-- Minimum days (1 day = players don't need to wait to use everything, 2 days = players need to wait 1 day to use something.. etc.)min_days = 3,-- Container protection (chests, chester, icebox..)container_protection = "true",-- Crock pot protection (use and harvest)stewer_protection = "false",-- Backpack protectionbackpack_protection = "true",-- Ghost break/light on fire/other stuff protectionghost_protection = "true",-- Willow fire starting protectionwillow_love = "true",-- Fireproof bushesbushes_protection = "true",-- Undigable bushes (for fresh players)bushes_dig_protection = "false",-- Disable fire spreadfire_spread_protection = "false"}                                },--Auto Retrap["workshop-364255295"] = {enabled = true}--Wormhole Marks["workshop-362175979"] = {enabled = true}--Global Player Icons["workshop-373991022"] = {enabled = true}--Renewable World["workshop-369588618"] = {enabled = true}--Extra Equip Slots["workshop-375850593"] = {enabled = true}--Soulmates--["workshop-350811795"] = {enabled = true}--Detailed Tooltip--["workshop-360722606"] = {enabled = true}--Smarter Crock Pot["workshop-365119238"] = {enabled = true}--Stumps Grow--["workshop-369083494"] = {enabled = true}}

PeterA    4,416

It looks like you're missing a comma after several of your items, such as 

["workshop-364255295"] = {enabled = true}

should be

["workshop-364255295"] = {enabled = true},

Kzisor    1,058

@SunSunSun, you're also missing an ending } and comma on the following line. 

Change:

["workshop-360823660"] = {

enabled = true,

to:
 ["workshop-360823660"] = { enabled = true },

SunSunSun    0

I dont think there is a mistake. The wiki says

return {	the_hunt = {		enabled = true,		configuration_options =		{			hunt_time = 6,		}	},	["workshop-350811795"] = { enabled = true },	["workshop-336882447"] = { enabled = true }}

Instead of the_hunt (in my config it sould be simple_protection) i used the id followd by serveral options. }, is at line 35

Kzisor    1,058

@SunSunSun, Yeah I spoke with PeterA about it and voiced my concern about the confusion that might be had. He explained and said he would add additional documentation explaining it. 

Everyone makes mistakes, heck even I do occasionally. :p

SunSunSun    0

@PeterA

return {    the_hunt = {

How does this work? Is the mod local copied to ../mods/the_hunt?

I think it would be more clearly, if it is changed to

return {    ["workshop-'id'"] = {

so I'd expect a typical file to look like
return {
["workshop-350811795"] = { enabled = true },
["workshop-387028143"] = { enabled = true },
["workshop-336882447"] = { enabled = true },
["workshop-361336115"] = { enabled = true the "," is missing
configuration_options =
{
hunt_time = 6,
}
},
["workshop-336882447"] = { enabled = true }
}
edit: formatting...

Kzisor    1,058

@SunSunSun, yes the_hunt refers to the name as mentioned in the other thread. It's mainly used for local mods. It can be interchanged with

["the_hunt"]

from what PeterA explained to me.

Edit:

Variables do not exist in folders. *bangs head against wall*

PeterA    4,416

@Kzisor,

How does this work?
, "the_hunt" is the local mod name (the mod directory name), so modders that haven't uploaded their mod to the Steam Workshop can set it up using this name.

SunSunSun    0

@Kzisor,

, "the_hunt" is the local mod name (the mod directory name), so modders that haven't uploaded their mod to the Steam Workshop can set it up using this name.

That was my question :D

afetogbo    35

nothing I do seems to work. I am thinking it is not properly propigating to the clients because of mismatch in mod key thingy