Prefabs and Character Perks [Help?]

I know there's probably a lot of guides for this around here but I just can't find them.

And here's basically what I need to find:

How do you start a character out with something? (Like, for instance, a piece of grass in your inventory when you start)

How do you make someone not weak to the cold? (No freezing to death!)

How do you make someone unable to sleep? 

How do you change the speed of someone?

How do you change how hard someone is able to hit?

How do you start a character out with something?

Look at start_inv in pretty much any mod character (and some characters in the game, like Willow)

How do you make someone not weak to the cold?

Hmm... You can add inherent insulation to make them less susceptible to the cold (inst.components.temperature.inherentinsulation = 120), but you want to disable freezing altogether? I think that would be inst.components.temperature.mintemp = 20.

How do you make someone unable to sleep? 

This is tricky, but I think there have been some posts on it somewhere else. Someone made a post on how to make a character nocturnal, which involved switching when you could sleep. I think that would probably help you.

Edit: Wow I derped here. Yup, use Wickerbottom's insomniac tag.

How do you change the speed of someone?

inst.components.locomotor:SetExternalSpeedMultiplier(inst, "speedy", 1.25)

How do you change how hard someone is able to hit?

You can look at Wigfrid from single-player or my mod, or Wolfgang. But it's very simple. inst.components.combat.damagemultiplier = 1.25 

Edited by rezecib

Look at start_inv in pretty much any mod character (and some characters in the game, like Willow)

Hmm... You can add inherent insulation to make them less susceptible to the cold (inst.components.temperature.inherentinsulation = 120), but you want to disable freezing altogether? I think that would be inst.components.temperature.mintemp = 20.

This is tricky, but I think there have been some posts on it somewhere else. Someone made a post on how to make a character nocturnal, which involved switching when you could sleep. I think that would probably help you.

inst.components.locomotor:SetExternalSpeedMultiplier(inst, "speedy", 1.25)

You can look at Wigfrid from single-player or my mod, or Wolfgang. But it's very simple. inst.components.combat.damagemultiplier = 1.25 

You're pretty much the greatest. ;-;

Have you seen all my other posts? I'm struggling with how my character won't show up. Only shows up as the template. I've replaced all the files I should have (Or I think I have) and it won't work.

I can answer any question you may have, or try my best to do so.

..If you want to answer, of course.

@Lukasai, I hate working with the art assets and avoid it at all costs. My guess is that you missed a step in the extended character template guide.

I've figured out my problem! It doesn't auto-compile the anim files correctly. It only compiles the ghost animations, not the actual character.

Does that help at all?

@Lukasai, alright, can you upload your mod files and I'll take a look and see if I can reproduce your issue. 

Yessir! (For some reason it wouldn't let me upload it here, it said i'm not permitted to. So.)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cf7vedbybnjblkg/Luka.rar

(if you don't wanna use mediafire for any reason, please tell me! I'll try to get the file to you somehow else.)

@Lukasai

It was missing some images (pigtails 2 and 3), that's why it wouldn't compile.

Adding blank images to your images and compiling solved the problem:

pB3WY8g.png

I'll attach the anim .zip in case you're still having problems.

By the way, nice character.

luka.zip

Edited by Ryuushu

Hey, I would like to ask about an issue I've been having. I followed instructions for a DST extended sample character template (the same one as Lukasai, we've been working on making custom characters to play as) and mine is showing up invisible. I haven't put the art files in, but the normal template isn't even showing up, and I'm curious if there's a way to fix it.