[Gameplay] - Unable to exit tent

leonseye

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Unable to exit tent

Issue Description: I posted about this in the forums earlier, but as it just happened for a second time in as many days, I am reporting it as a legitimate bug now.

Slept in tent during Night, Hunger almost at max, Sanity very low.

Hunger depleted almost to 0, tried to exit Tent, nothing happened. Hunger dropped all the way to 0, "damage" overlay began, no health was being lost, still unable to exit Tent.

Disconnected server, seemed to fix the issue after restarting the server.

Uploading log.txt, perhaps there is some info in there that you may be able to use to fix the issue in the future. It's all hieroglyphics to me. : )

Steps to Reproduce: Sleep in Tent during Night.

Let Hunger fall to low level.

Try to exit Tent. Unable to exit.

Just as an edit, this does not occur every time, so it has been unreliable to reproduce.  This happened on my 3rd time sleeping in the tent in this session; the first couple times sleeping in the tent were perfectly fine.

http://imgur.com/cM9QjEA

The screenshot isn't very good (I should have taken one later in the day), but it shows my Hunger at 0, my Health at full w/ the arrow indicating that it's supposed to be draining, and I am still stuck inside the tent while Wendy hangs out by the fire.

@leonseye, It's almost certainly a bug with DST RoG Characters. I'm getting back home on Friday and will be doing a bunch of fixes for the mod then.

Ah, thank you @rezecib, I was actually just coming back to mention the mods that I have installed, as it could have been related to that as well.

I clearly have the DST RoG Characters installed (you do great work, btw) from the screenshot, as well as your other mod that adds Wes and Maxwell.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond, and to help make the wait until the characters are officially released a bit less painful.  : )

@leonseye, No problem, and thanks :grin:. If you want, you can try to fix it on your local copy (which will get overwritten if you open the mods menu) by deleting the scripts/stategraphs folder (EDIT: In the mod folder, not in the game files!). It might break some of the character's sounds, but I think it'll fix the sleeping bug.

If you go into the game files, there's a mods folder, and then there will be folders named stuff like workshop-2389187398. If you go the page for the mod on Steam, the URL will have the number for the mod.

@leonseye, No problem, and thanks :grin:. If you want, you can try to fix it on your local copy (which will get overwritten if you open the mods menu) by deleting the scripts/stategraphs folder (EDIT: In the mod folder, not in the game files!). It might break some of the character's sounds, but I think it'll fix the sleeping bug.

If you go into the game files, there's a mods folder, and then there will be folders named stuff like workshop-2389187398. If you go the page for the mod on Steam, the URL will have the number for the mod.

Ah, perhaps I might give that a try if it annoys me too much, but it's hardly gamebreaking to get stuck in the tent every now and then, as I can just restart the server to fix it.

I only really play this game w/ friends, so they are pretty understanding to this kind of thing.  Fortunately, Wigfrid has other means of gaining burst Sanity other than the tent.

I'll likely just await your update to the mod and raise Wigfrid's murder rate a bit.   :twisted:

maybe we can do something on our end?
I doubt it. A lot of mods use bad practices from time to time (mainly replacing files when they could be modifying the object in that file in a much less invasive way), and replacing the stategraph is one of the worst (modders tend to resort to it when they can't find other ways to get their characters to have certain perks). I think about the best you could do would be to have better notification of when the character stategraphs get patched, but I don't think there's really anything reasonable that can be done to prevent such stategraph bugs coming about in the first place.

I doubt it. A lot of mods use bad practices from time to time (mainly replacing files when they could be modifying the object in that file in a much less invasive way), and replacing the stategraph is one of the worst (modders tend to resort to it when they can't find other ways to get their characters to have certain perks). I think about the best you could do would be to have better notification of when the character stategraphs get patched, but I don't think there's really anything reasonable that can be done to prevent such stategraph bugs coming about in the first place.

Hello, Rezecib. We cannot play Maxwell's Playgroung anymore because the version doesn't match.

Will you update it or just leave it there? Btw, thanks for giving us this awesome server map.

Archived