Cobblestone Issue...

M0NTY26

So, on my current world, a rock biome is pretty much non existent. I pulled up 41 Rocky Turf, and that is it ladies and gentlemen!

As I'm typing this, I'm thinking to myself, why don't you just go dig up some cave rock turf and try to turn it to cobblestone, but I haven't. Rather, I've come here, hoping one of you have the answer to this question.

Can I still make cobble roads with all my rocky turf used up?

Can I still make cobble roads with all my rocky turf used up?
2) Go underground. Never tried, but I think that you can dig there.

Nope, once you dug all rocky turf on the surface, you can no longer make any more cobblestones.
(Caves have a special cave rock turf)

Well, that's a bummer… first time I've ever seen a world with just 41 rock turf. I've never used the teleportation. How does that work, exactly? Completely new world, with your base and gear gone?

It'll generate a new with the same settings, but you'll get the XP from surviving, you can choose a new character aaaaand the most important thing: You'll keep your inventory, so you can travel through a few worlds and collect some non-renewable resources like rock turf and then you have lots of said ressources.

It'll generate a new with the same settings, but you'll get the XP from surviving, you can choose a new character aaaaand the most important thing: You'll keep your inventory, so you can travel through a few worlds and collect some non-renewable resources like rock turf and then you have lots of said ressources.

Can you teleport back to your original world?

Cool. Something to ponder, I suppose. I've made a pretty sick base though. I'd be pretty bummed to start over.

I admittedly haven't played DS in quite awhile but last I knew the caves had quite a lot of rocky turf that is perfectly suitable to make cobblestones from.  iirc it's usually in the 'blue' biome that has light plants and slurtles.  You do have to search for it, There's a lot of other turf types in the caves.  I think it'd be worth looking.

I admittedly haven't played DS in quite awhile but last I knew the caves had quite a lot of rocky turf that is perfectly suitable to make cobblestones from.  iirc it's usually in the 'blue' biome that has light plants and slurtles.  You do have to search for it, There's a lot of other turf types in the caves.  I think it'd be worth looking.

That's what another friend told me, too. Gonna have to look into that! There is hope!

There is a countless abundance of normal rocky turf in the Caves. But it is not in any of the specific cave biomes. Where you need to dig it up is on all the dead end paths that lead out into blackness on the edges of the caves. Literal Abundance in those areas all over the cave.

Have no fear about running out of rocky turf but only a fear that you will have to be chopping wood forever to acquire the boards you need. (though pigs and weather pain make a great option)

Archived