[General] - Spider queen bug.

serpent

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Spider queen bug.

Issue Description: I noticed a new update fixing the issues created by the last patch, well done!

but i have encountered a bug before yesterday's patch though, do not know if it is fixed or not.

But a spider queen emerged from a nest, leaving no den behind.

theres usually plenty of silk in a world, but it makes silk technically finite.

Steps to Reproduce: See a spider queen emerge from a nest.

but it makes silk technically finite.

That's definitely a bug, but spiders have a 25% chance of dropping silk when you kill them, and spider dens produce spiders renewably. Also, if you kill a T3 den, it'll drop an egg for you to plant, so you can avoid spider queens altogether. 

Edit: I think you mean unrecoverable rather than finite. If you maintain a good situation it stays infinite, but like with many things if it suffers attrition over time it will eventually die out with no way to get it back (recover it).

it was at a swamp, though the surrounding area did not have many spiders, so it should had left a den.

I know about the silk :p, its just a mere observation.

its just rather annoying when a den gets killed by hounds or anything to have to walk further and further for new eggs :p, rather have the spider queens multiplying dens ^^

• Developer

Yup, as V2C mentioned, the Spider Queen will usually leave a level 1 spider den behind, but if there are already a certain amount of other dens in the area, it will not leave a den. The Spider Queen should eventually go back into hibernation and turn back into a level one den.

This is to prevent a situation where after hundreds of days, there is a spider den every couple of feet.  :)

Archived