Griefing.

Just had my first experience with griefers not two minutes earlier. It's kind of sad, and I'm sure there are things going to be implemented, but can we get some form of character restriction? I'm sick of seeing people join as willow, only to go looking for bases to burn everything. I don't want to play this game if this is all that is going to happen. If not character restrictions, possibly a global ban-list? Something like what FrontRunnerTek is doing for 7dtd. I dislike having to be suspicious of the community I want to play with.

Play with friends. Like all games, playing DST with the open community is generally a bad idea. I do play with the community when friends arent about, but not without mods to protect the server and snapshots set to 1. The experience is generally awful, with the odd person being worth playing with.

We are players based in Europe (We had five on last night), and would welcome you if you wanted to play alongside us.

If you ban a player from your server, they will be banned from all games you create.

Thank you. This is very reassuring. Is there a way to un-ban in case we need to do that?

I'm assuming you started playing 3 minutes before this post... 

Is there a need for unwanted sarcasm such as this?

Is there a way to un-ban in case we need to do that?

To un-ban players, follow instructions below:

• Go to Server List
  • Click Host Server
  • Select Manage Server button located on top of all your player-created servers.
  • Then the Banned Players list will appear, delete players from there to remove them from the Ban List.

Lastly, If you're curious about the Intervals and Max Snapshots on the side, that is DST's rollback system. Intervals sets the in-game days separation between when your computer will save a Snapshot of the whole server. If someone burns and destroys your camp, you can restore to a snapshot from 3 in-game days before the griefer came in, then world will revert back to that state before the griefer even logged in. Hope that makes sense and hopefully helps you, good luck!

Archived