coding is HAAARD

I am trying to learn C# (I wanted to mod a different game, and now I want to mod this game, but I can't unless I learn lua? (it's lua right? or am I mistaking?) 

siiigh..whats the easiest (and maybe fun?) way to learn to code? and which is is easier, C# or Lua? (assuming this game use lua). 

any video tutorial you want to suggest about coding?

Absolutely correct. The most basic components of Don't Starve do run off of C+, but you're not really expected to try and modify that. So yeah, it's lua for you. Start off with basic lua tutorials, then start with the Don't Starve sample mod. Then start dissecting other mods and learning how they work and don't work. I can't think of a video tutorial for this.

Coding is fairly easy as long as you have the mental capacity to wrap your head around certain concepts and memorize the syntax of different languages. Right now i'm learning Python, in my opinion the easiest and most "fun" language to learn. http://www.codecademy.com/ should help you with learning a variety of languages, including Java, the language best known for being used in Minecraft, Ruby, the language that RPGmaker uses, and Python. Sadly it has no tutorials for C++, C# or Lua yet. Although I think the site is aimed more at begginners, and, from what I hear, C++, C# and the like are more advanced users, I would suggest going through the Python course and then seeking out additional help in learning other languages from different sources like Books, the Internet (Duh) or maybe even on this forum.

Coding is fairly easy as long as you have the mental capacity to wrap your head around certain concepts and memorize the syntax of different languages. Right now i'm learning Python, in my opinion the easiest and most "fun" language to learn. http://www.codecademy.com/ should help you with learning a variety of languages, including Java, the language best known for being used in Minecraft, Ruby, the language that RPGmaker uses, and Python. Sadly it has no tutorials for C++, C# or Lua yet. Although I think the site is aimed more at begginners, and, from what I hear, C++, C# and the like are more advanced users, I would suggest going through the Python course and then seeking out additional help in learning other languages from different sources like Books, the Internet (Duh) or maybe even on this forum.

codecademy teaches Javascript, not Java. 

@Blazingice26,

+1 for codecademy

Great website even if I didn't hear about it until way to late.

codecademy teaches Javascript, not Java. 

I recommend taking any of their courses, though, it'll help you think a bit more like a programmer, maybe even try some projecteuler challenges.

and A LOT of skills in programming are transitional.

Google really comes in handy for specific language nuances though.

Edited by tetrified