Custom Items disappear on drop.

MikeRobe

Hi all,

I'm making an Unhealthy Food mod, and everything's working so far except for the fact that none of the items you can craft appear when you drop them. I'll attach the whole mod. I think the problem may be with where I'm calling the idle animation, perhaps?

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help. I can work around it until then, I'll just have to make sure not to drop anything. :p

unhealthy.zip

From what I see, anim name is 'idle' not 'anim'.

Also, did you make the anims in spriter or modified the atlases of base game files? If former, double check the names, if latter, the setbank should use the bank name of original file and you should consider removing anim.bin from the .zip files since/if theyre same as base game ones (unless you renamed anim bank name too, that is). Due to build hash table/symbol names missing I assume the latter.

Ok, well, I deleted the anims, put in some new ones and renamed what I need to call to 'idle'.

I think I figured out the problem, though, I don't think the actual atlas-0 was the right size. I was using one from a spear dropped in the ground, but I saw the one from cutgrass and it was a different size. Hopefully that will fix the problem, then.

EDIT: Ok, well, it didn't work. How would I make anim.bin files from scratch, using Spriter or something? I've never used Spriter before, so I'm clueless on how to make just a regular anim.bin file. Or, if I'm not even supposed to use Spriter, what do I do then? :p

you need the dont starve mod tools downloaded. when you launch dont starve with these enabled, it will bring up a command console. let that exit out by itself, DONT CLOSE IT. if you let it run, it will compile your scml stuff for you. then if you did everything right, it will appear in game! :D

I guess I should have that folder, then. Sorry, this is my first time doing item modding, and it's all working except for this. So, excuse the noobish questions ;)

Where should this 'exported' folder go and what must it contain?

Thanks.

I guess I should have that folder, then. Sorry, this is my first time doing item modding, and it's all working except for this. So, excuse the noobish questions ;)

Where should this 'exported' folder go and what must it contain?

Thanks.

It is definitely something to do with your animations. I changed the animations to a different animation and they are working flawlessly. I suggest that you upload your .scml files in a .zip file so that someone could help you further.

Ok, well, I've gone back to it, because it annoyed me for a while, :p, so I've got this file structure now. (The pictures are large, so I'll link to them instead.)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236475228/mod/1.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236475228/mod/2.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236475228/mod/3.png

I renamed the 'anim' folder to 'exported' (should I have done that?), but everything else in untouched. The items all have their scml files. Should these items be in regular folders or in the zip files, like they are now?

Archived