Change the gamemode

Seriously?? How??
 The method for that broke, now it's a really annoying command.

Let's say they're the closest Wilson to you:

local p = c_find('wilson') DeleteUserSession(p) p:Remove()

This then gets them stuck on a black screen they need to alt+f4 out of, but when they rejoin they can repick.

so whats the difference between the 3?

Endless is basically, if you die, you can revive anyway and there's not negative about dying with a group.

Survival is when you die you become a ghost but as you're a ghost, everyone one the server will get a sanity drain. When all players die, they have a timer to go find a way to revive. If the timer reaches zero, the world resets.

Wilderness is random spawn somewhere and when you die, you recreate your character and respawn randomly again.

• Developer

The method for that broke, now it's a really annoying command.

Let's say they're the closest Wilson to you:

local p = c_find('wilson') DeleteUserSession(p) p:Remove()

This then gets them stuck on a black screen they need to alt+f4 out of, but when they rejoin they can repick.

Gonna try and get a more user-friendly command in for removing a character and allowing players to choose and spawn a new character before the break!

But as for game mode: that sticks once you pick it when starting the world. You could probably hack around and find a way to change it, but the intended behavior is that it's part of the world's "definition".

I may have found a way to change the server type if no one else has yet Libraries/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/save/saveindex From there I managed to find the server I wished to change and simply replaced game_mode="survival" - into - game_mode="endless" I believe that the they have to be all lower case or it will not work, this is not fully proven but so far it seems to work

Archived