Im on day 50 something and im running into a problem where there are no more rocks/flint anywhere nearby.I know there are rock islands, and i have one close to my house, but i mined all of the boulders there and I'm running out of places to get flint.

Problem:

1. My rock island was actually just a thin strip on my smallest island, yet it was the biggest rock area.

(world generator problem here? perhaps requiring a certain amount of things to spawn in the world)

2. The other rock area is even smaller, and most of the space is taken up by tallbirds which killed me, (i had a respawn point) then chased me all the way back onto another island where they fell asleep. So not only do i have to deal with the crazy birds, but they take up all the space for any boulders!

3. the other islands have a few rocks, but it would take me 1-2 days to get there for only a few boulders. So if there are no more islands, I'm going to have to go all the way over there for only a few rocks. which won't fix the problem

Suggestions:

Perhaps making it so the rocks respawn on rock islands only. Maybe some sort of monster that spawns rocks some how?

Perhaps a mound of dirt which you can dig up to find more rocks, and the dirt mounds would eventually regenerate, giving you more rocks. however it should be quite a few days before the dirt mounds respawn.

Maybe this is just from one post, but i saw people asking for 2 rocks to be made into 1 flint. please dont do that. thats just making a way to make a limited resource item available with another limited resource item... that you find in the exact same place.

Sorry if i type too much ._.

I have a feeling this this may be partially solved with the new world generation tomorrow. Sometimes you just get a really bad world. For example, there was one guy who had 10 tallbird nests, another girl just had 1.

Edited by Toaster Fu
I know I put ing…

I have a feel this this may be partially solved with the new world generation tomorrow. Sometimes you just get a really bad world. For example, there was one guy who had 10 tallbird nests, another girl just had 1.

I only have one tallbird nest in my current world as well.

@OP: This problem has been discussed on these forums before to the point where I think the devs are probably aware of it. Hopefully we'll be seeing a way for rocks to become a renewable resource, just like pretty much everything else that is considered an essential resource. No official word on it yet though.