This game's out to get me!

First off, I just want to clarify that this is NOT complaining. This whole encounter was just freaking awesome! Except for the last part... anyways, on to my bad day. Since the hounds update, I have kept myself busy during the nights. This night, I was hatching two of my smallbird eggs (I've been play as Wendy and my mini-flock got killed by Abigail, so I've been working on repopulating) and cutting down some trees for making another pig house. It turns day and I'm about ready to head out for some more rocks (also for the pig house) and decide this would be my last tree. I cut it down and have THREE treeguards stand up... I was not very happy, because I had half a logsuit left and SUCK at kiting... I run away to my chests and end up getting stuff for one more logsuit made, but after killing one treeguard I end up giving up and planting a ton of pine cones. My logsuit is broken, and my health is down to 40. I've never made meat effigies/amulets because I like the challenge and decide I'll take things easy for the next while until I'm reset. Then I hear those stupid hounds panting away, and decide to turn all my stuff into logsuits and an extra spear, so I was going into this with no doubts. There were no fire hounds, but SEVEN FRIGGIN' DOGS :mad: I killed them but was even lower on health! I was also somehow a ways away from my base (I chased down where I thought I heard the first hound's pant, but I didn't know I went so far!), and it turns to evening. As I said, I had no logs left because it was in the form of logsuits, and I left my grass at home for space because I'm an idiot :) but have an entire forest island of charcoal at my base... I get to my base, grab some charcoal from my chest, and put it on my fire pit as it turns night. Now, I finally notice my two eggs... which had turned to cooked morsels :( Like I said, the only thing that irked me was the poor little smallbirds, but that was my fault. I'm not trying to brag or act like I'm the best player (because quite frankly, I suck), or address any issues, because the chance of things compiling is AWESOME! I'm just saying, for all the people who complain about it being to easy, to just wait, because eventually SOMETHING will happen, and with the idea of a Winter event looming in the horizon, you'll get your challenge :D

• Like 1

First of all welcome to the forum Pretty little birdies.

Fun tale there, there really are some nasty things out to get you in the game. I would suggest a bit of practice to kite better, since it can save your life a lot. Allso yeah, winter should make it even more fun.

To Ora, I know that they hunt you down, I just thought I was ready and I'm not sure if that speeds it up or not, just a random curiosity of mine. That part didn't really freak me out except for finding the charcoal before it got dark.

To 501105, thanks for greeting, and like I said I know I suck at kiting, but having more than one treeguard... again, not complaining, all of this just ended up giving me more stuff to tackle in the days ahead :)

First off, I just want to clarify that this is NOT complaining. This whole encounter was just freaking awesome! Except for the last part... anyways, on to my bad day. Since the hounds update, I have kept myself busy during the nights. This night, I was hatching two of my smallbird eggs (I've been play as Wendy and my mini-flock got killed by Abigail, so I've been working on repopulating) and cutting down some trees for making another pig house. It turns day and I'm about ready to head out for some more rocks (also for the pig house) and decide this would be my last tree. I cut it down and have THREE treeguards stand up... I was not very happy, because I had half a logsuit left and SUCK at kiting... I run away to my chests and end up getting stuff for one more logsuit made, but after killing one treeguard I end up giving up and planting a ton of pine cones. My logsuit is broken, and my health is down to 40. I've never made meat effigies/amulets because I like the challenge and decide I'll take things easy for the next while until I'm reset. Then I hear those stupid hounds panting away, and decide to turn all my stuff into logsuits and an extra spear, so I was going into this with no doubts. There were no fire hounds, but SEVEN FRIGGIN' DOGS :mad: I killed them but was even lower on health! I was also somehow a ways away from my base (I chased down where I thought I heard the first hound's pant, but I didn't know I went so far!), and it turns to evening. As I said, I had no logs left because it was in the form of logsuits, and I left my grass at home for space because I'm an idiot :) but have an entire forest island of charcoal at my base... I get to my base, grab some charcoal from my chest, and put it on my fire pit as it turns night. Now, I finally notice my two eggs... which had turned to cooked morsels :( Like I said, the only thing that irked me was the poor little smallbirds, but that was my fault. I'm not trying to brag or act like I'm the best player (because quite frankly, I suck), or address any issues, because the chance of things compiling is AWESOME! I'm just saying, for all the people who complain about it being to easy, to just wait, because eventually SOMETHING will happen, and with the idea of a Winter event looming in the horizon, you'll get your challenge :D

Haha, you know I like your attitude. Pretty much like saying "...I died in a really unfair way with the worst possible timing, and it was GREAT!" (EDIT: I know you didn't die, which is why I changed to "like" saying)Personally I'm right there with you, I love the challenge that this game can present, especially how it can happen all at an instant like that. It makes you think on your toes and adds to the stuggle of the real goal of the game(at least this current mode, story mode is apparently going to be in the final version); to stay alive with everything the devs can think of being thrown at you, day by day. Unfortunately, I am one of those people that thinks that it is a little too easy to survive atm, but I know how much potential this game has and the final product is going to be something I'll be grateful for participating now, getting to see the game as it gets put together like a jigsaw puzzle. Spread your excellent attitude to everyone else, will you! :p

Edited by w00tyd00d