Serious: Anti-Troll Mechanics.

Delannion and Jman - it's actually not accurate that bans are specific to servers. If you ban a player, they're banned from any server you create (unless you remove them from that list in the admin/manage server screen). If you're finding that not to be true, please let us know!

Thanks! That was my mistake. I incorrectly thought that since the Ban List was under 'Manage Server' next to the server-snapshots, the Ban List was also server-specific.

When someone burns my base I ban them and reload the save from the day before

Sorry 'griefers' but I win every single time.

I will admit that since I've started using rollbacks my grief-beef quotient has dropped significantly.  

Yes, I just said "grief-beef quotient."

With a straight face.

It definitely wouldn't work for every type of play, but if you are planning on cooperating with people, once you have a crockpot at base, not much more immediate need for more charcoal, and I rarely use a hammer except maybe for pig heads and skeletons.  Fire and hammers are definitly not integral to playing the game. 

For the few times the hammer or fire would be needed, can easily ask the host to do it, or the host might be able to trust you if you have been around long enough to need to do those jobs. 

Fire may be needed if you start in winter as willow, or on the rare off-chance that there's grass and twigs near enough to make a torch, but you're not able to reach a base or make a fire in time or...yeah, basically there's no good reason to need to fire or hammer right out of the gate.

Well pubs are for people who want to learn, you don't do a long run with a stranger and a bunch of open slots. I enter very often in pubs I help there with all I can before winter, because for me winter is unplayable because I have huge amount of lag. 

If in server enter a guy and burn everything you just BAN and ALT+F4. To rewind the world in a previous stage I think Klei should make 2 3 files with auto saves and the user should select which one want. Like keep saved day 1 and day 2 in different files not rewrite same file every time.

I say again, if you want a nice world with fancy turf and you want to be sure no one destroy Maxwell statue, you are gonna play with friends, pubs are casual like in any other game. If you don't have friends, try find some nice guys or play with streamers like bigal flare or clwn.

To rewind the world in a previous stage I think Klei should make 2 3 files with auto saves and the user should select which one want. Like keep saved day 1 and day 2 in different files not rewrite same file every time.
 Like the snapshots that are under the Manage Server menu?

Like the snapshots that are under the Manage Server menu?

I do not know if that thing exist, I've created a server once because I am a bad host I don't even bother to be a host anymore. I don't really know what's new in that section.

• Developer

Thanks! That was my mistake. I incorrectly thought that since the Ban List was under 'Manage Server' next to the server-snapshots, the Ban List was also server-specific.

Yeah--the messaging on that isn't great. As we cement what tools are available for server management, we'll definitely be improving that, as it's less than obvious currently. Thanks for the feedback!

Archived