Advice on getting my guts to fight bosses?

Dunno why I always avoid everything from Deerclops to a freaking Goose Moose.

Even though I have like 5 football helmets and log suits and everything to keep me alive from the fight....I just run away. Far far away. And no tree guards ever spawn at the right moment. Psssh :(

some giants (spider queen and tree guard) easy to kite attack twice than run about 4 steps away to doge its attack than repeat the dearclops is another story with its small area of affect on all its attack (same for the dragon fly) makes it hard to fight them attack them and lead them away from your base and into somewhere more suited to beating them

unfortunately I have not encountered a mousegose or a bearger yet so I can't help u there

For Dragonflies I'm going to use the boulders+ dozens of boomerangs tactic.

The only problems for me are bosses that require kiting. For some stupid reasons sometimes I click Attack on the monster, only for my character to whoosh run pass them (werepigs, usually) and thus dealing no damage, and I have to start kiting again. If this continues to happen, my stack of Jerky might run out first because of the insanity aura, am I right?

For Dragonflies I'm going to use the boulders+ dozens of boomerangs tactic.

The only problems for me are bosses that require kiting. For some stupid reasons sometimes I click Attack on the monster, only for my character to whoosh run pass them (werepigs, usually) and thus dealing no damage, and I have to start kiting again. If this continues to happen, my stack of Jerky might run out first because of the insanity aura, am I right?

Pro tip: Don't use the mouse.

Spacebar can be used to work

F can be used to attack

ctrl + F can be used to force attack on friends

ctrl and alt can be used to manipulate stacks btw

What items should I manipulate the stacks?

That was just random trivia, for inventory management. For example, you can split stacks if you only need half as much, and only put one of the stack in your inventory. That has nothing to do with combat.

All you need to kite better is the F key, and possibly WASD for movement. Try it!

Oh, yes! *facepalm* I wonder how did I play 700+ days in vanilla and 123(and counting) in RoG without changing any default stuff except spawn only in Autumn. Is there any command for the key Z? If not I'll then just change the fight command from F to Z.

Archived