new tree idea

i was thinking about this while i was looking at coconuts at work today.

how would the idea of coconut trees sound?

it would be an extra food source.

you could use the shells to form some sort of head gear for protection, kind of like the log suit.

then once you have harvested all of the coconuts you could chop the tree down for some extra wood.

i think this idea might be a little OP so to compensate for this you need a golden axe to harvest them.

i mean its a very hard item after all.

Discuss.

I like the idea, though I think it would need to come with a new biome like a beach or a jungle, otherwise it might look very out of place. It would as you said give lots of potential resources, so I would say valauble trees to find indeed.

I like the idea, though I think it would need to come with a new biome like a beach or a jungle, otherwise it might look very out of place. It would as you said give lots of potential resources, so I would say valauble trees to find indeed.

yeah i was thinking that.

maybe they would fit in the rock biome :p

DISCLAMER: I am very biased against anything that Minecraft already did. I'm not saying that they did first (which isn't much), but simply that they did.

What would it bring, gameplay wise, that we don't already have? Armor is already done. We have plenty of food. There's also lot's of wood to go around.

I would like it to bring something new and quirky to the table. Otherwise... I'm not sold on the idea.

DISCLAMER: I am very biased against anything that Minecraft already did. I'm not saying that they did first (which isn't much), but simply that they did.

What would it bring, gameplay wise, that we don't already have? Armor is already done. We have plenty of food. There's also lot's of wood to go around.

I would like it to bring something new and quirky to the table. Otherwise... I'm not sold on the idea.

there is coconut trees in minecraft?

there is coconut trees in minecraft?

No, there are not. I should know, I play Minecraft. ;)

For me, I don't know if I would want to see a coconut tree more because the current climate/biomes don't appear like they support tropical trees. Of course if they every add a beach biome then I wouldn't mind having coconuts wash up on the shore. Mmmm, coconuts. :)

Not to mention, if episodes of Gilligan's Island taught us anything, it's that anything be built from coconuts.