Smite/Kill Players option when as a Host

Don't Starve Together is more addicting than Don't Starve itself, but I think that there should be more options for server hosts that have public servers and such.

Specially the smite/kill player feature (that could be accessed during the tab menu or an administrative menu), because in this way, servers with PvP disabled can retrieve the stolen items from players before they disconnect and taking away the items from other players.

EDIT: Dammit, I published by mistake before finishing it. (And i'm 2noob to know how to edit or delete posts)

But anyway, the smite/kill feature would be actually useful to be used by ONLY the server host to kill the player and get the items back, and against troublesome players who enter servers with PvP disabled, see a player skeleton full of items nearby and take all of it without questioning, and then leave right afterwards, simply taking away all the items.

More administrative options would be also useful to menage a server, aside from the kick and ban commands.

This is based on a true story

I died; someone coincidentally joined right after I died; he saw my items lying on the floor; he took it; refused to give them back even when the host asked politely; he wasted it on useless resources; and he took some items from the chests; and then leaved without giving anything back. And then, items = ded. r.i.p. 

If you got the server to record a list of the players that logged into the server and what items had when they disconnected, the server admin could peek through their item list and forcefully retrieve lost items. Has potential for abuse of course, but there is always going to be someone, somewhere who going to be upset 'cos while there are at least two people on this Earth, there will be trolling.

Alternatively, don't play on public servers. Or play on a public server but accept in your heart that eventually you WILL get trolled :p

Alternatively, don't play on public servers. Or play on a public server but accept in your heart that eventually you WILL get trolled :razz:

Yes indeed about public servers; but the sad thing is, that the server was hosted by a friend, just because he was allowing strangers to join and play together  :(

But the coincidence about me dying and he joining and seeing my items was so huge that the GG just intensified

I think the kick command should make them drop all their items first.

I'm kind of surprised that this is not already so. (I've never kicked someone, so I can't confirm?)

If you've kicked someone, the inherent idea is that you're not going to welcome them back again, after all. So, why not make use of the goods that they had?

Although I suppose that could be motivation to grief as a host..? Let people build up their awesomeness, and then kick them and get it all?

But really, what would be the point? (not that griefers need a point, I suppose)

Archived