Eating Simulator Online Beta

i'd disagree, a beginner would just disregard this sort of thing out of ignorance, Who the hell would realize that your punished for eating the same god dam thing over and over?

You aren't punished so long as you find an actual food source before the value of the food decrements to the point that it takes away food points when you eat it. The decrementation of the food points is to prevent  you from having unlimited 'unlimited food source,' because that would be too easy. It's just a way to cushion the beginning of your journey a little. There's probably other ways to do this, like spawning with a starter pack. 

My original idea of a dispenser was a joke, tbh, and I'd love it to be a punishment more than anything. The whole point to the DS ethos is "nothing is free", followed by, "if you' aren't prepared for it, then you'll probably die to it". The biggest problem is the noobs haven't had the pleasure of dying to the elements and having to adjust subsequent gameplay on the basis of those experiences. Like I said, I think the problem will fix itself one way or another down the road. For now, you'll have to adjust your gameplay in a way that leaves new players having to fend for themselves until they can contribute positively.

I think you need to work on killing everybody.

Do you get naughtiness points for killing your teammates? Will krampus come if you kill enough humans? Are humans innocent creatures?

My original idea of a dispenser was a joke, tbh, and I'd love it to be a punishment more than anything. The whole point to the DS ethos is "nothing is free", followed by, "if you' aren't prepared for it, then you'll probably die to it". The biggest problem is the noobs haven't had the pleasure of dying to the elements and having to adjust subsequent gameplay on the basis of those experiences. Like I said, I think the problem will fix itself one way or another down the road. For now, you'll have to adjust your gameplay in a way that leaves new players having to fend for themselves until they can contribute positively.

Sorry I took that too far :p

New players are over-reliant on pre-built bases, so I have a number of suggestions:

1. Make it so that a player can't see any light source other than his/her own (daylight, torch, lighter, campfire and firepit) for the first three days.

2. Whisper-only for the first two days.

3. A player cannot harvest from a food-related structure (farms, crock pots, drying racks and beeboxes), or use the fridge for the first day. After that, the ban is lifted only when one of the structures from the food tab is unlocked.

* Death stops but does not reset the counter.

A person who has played DS and survived a few days would have no problem passing these three tests. I think forcing new players to make their own fire and cook own food for just a few days will change their behaviour. Using Skype and Wickerbottom to bypass 2 and 3 is actually a good thing to do. I have no problem with that.

Archived