Ride able Beefalo questions and thoughts.

I just wanted to point out how amazing the ability to ride a beefalo is and what it could mean for the game. Even though all we got was a gif. and no other information I would like to see what you guys think about it on topic like how will we tame it? Will you have to feed it? Do saddles have durability? stuff like that. Also it would be pretty darn cool if we could have mounted PvP or jousting tournaments or mabye add more ride able things like Ewecus and Vargs. :)

I'd like to think it'll be a bit more complicated than just feeding it once, and it will follow you indefinitely once you put your saddle on it. Maybe something like feeding it a piece of grass will make a beefalo mountable for one clock segment. Once mountable, you can place the saddle on it and once timer is up the beefalo will kick the saddle off along with you if you are riding it.

Add also like to be able to add an additional storage for a beefalo mount, wherein you could hook up ONE backpack/piggyback/krampus' sack to the saddle. And of course if the beefalo is no longer mountable, the containers will fall off like the saddle, and you.

Another line of thinking is, to be able to raise a baby beefalo on your own, and if done right he will be mountable indefinitely. If you keep feeding the same baby beefalo, it will be mountable once it grows up. But you have to feed it daily, penning him in would help as baby beefalos try to run home every chance they get.

As for the other mounts aside from a beefalo, maybe Webber can mount as Spider Queen if he feeds the same Spider Queen FIVE Pig Skins as offering.

Anyhow there are more variations to how these things will be done, but all we can really do now is speculate and wait for what Klei has in store for us.

Personally I'd still prefer to still be able to mount my pet tallbird, long legs are best for running.

Another line of thinking is, to be able to raise a baby beefalo on your own, and if done right he will be mountable indefinitely. If you keep feeding the same baby beefalo, it will be mountable once it grows up. But you have to feed it daily, penning him in would help as baby beefalos try to run home every chance they get.

Of course he'd try to run home every chance he gets you baby snatcher!  :o  Though its totally ok if you pen a baby beefalo if you had to kill its parent for food or the parent was one of your hound security guards and they died in battle, cuz then the baby is your responsibility :encouragement: . There is that uncommon chance where when a baby beefalo's parent is killed and you're around while wearing a beefalo hat, it might start following you.

:wilsontricycle: (scrolling thru emotes and saw that, looked appropriate to put here. It's a tricicle wilson, so easy its for toddlers)

Anyhow there are more variations to how these things will be done, but all we can really do now is speculate and wait for what Klei has in store for us.

Personally I'd still prefer to still be able to mount my pet tallbird, long legs are best for running.

This. I rather ride a tallbird or a HOUND! How badass it would be to ride a hound!? Or even a tallbird cause you already can raise them <3

Archived