Why does it keep saying "Closed Beta" instead of the latest update's name?!

/\ title

For RoG it wasn't like that and for Vanilla too! It's really annoying to see "Closed Beta" shown at the text under the DST shield in Main menu. I want the updates' names as that's what the thing is for. Other wise people who don't go on the forums won't know that there is a new update. And it looks ugly.

/\ title

For RoG it wasn't like that and for Vanilla too! It's really annoying to see "Closed Beta" shown at the text under the DST shield in Main menu. I want the updates' names as that's what the thing is for. Other wise people who don't go on the forums won't know that there is a new update. And it looks ugly.

Im sure they will know, at least for this update. You can now pick wendy and theres a portal. I'd google it if it was the first time I saw that

Oh my god, it must be the end of the world! We're all going to die if the name doesn't change to match the updates!

No need for sarcasm :S I was wondering the same thing actually

Oh my god, it must be the end of the world! We're all going to die if the name doesn't change to match the updates!

It's not a big thing, man, just a suggestion. And btw, just to let you know: I hate sarcasm so much, that if I get insulted by it: that anger from me is going to be the last thing they'll see. So there.

Because in spite of the cute little names being made for DST, it's still a closed beta. I believe they reserve the titles for when it hits open beta, like Don't Starve did in it's early days. Or like with RoG.

No it didn't. I went through the whole of RoG and ever since it was released it had the update name there. When it was released it was called "Seasonal science" or something like that.

No it didn't. I went through the whole of RoG and ever since it was released it had the update name there. When it was released it was called "Seasonal science" or something like that.

RoG wasn't a closed beta. Anyone could play it during the beta stages assuming they purchased it, and there were an unlimited amount of keys being given out after purchasing it to be inputted into Steam. If the game is in closed beta, the status of the game should indeed still say "Closed Beta".

It's not a big thing, man, just a suggestion. And btw, just to let you know: I hate sarcasm so much, that if I get insulted by it: that anger from me is going to be the last thing they'll see. So there.

Your threats are severely marred when you conclude them with "So there."

On topic, the only thing that bothers me is that the update's thread is not stickied at the top of the board, at least until the update is a few weeks old. Instead it gets to wallow down here with the rest of the riff raff.

Archived