Summer needs to be changed, NOW

I don't mind summer, but I will agree that it could use something to make it stand out as an extreme season. I don't want to say another hunter character like Mactusk as that would make it even more of a Winter reskin, but a few more Summer only things. Someone suggested Locust like creatures, and I think I've seen snakes as well. Something that would only come out in summer to make it worth living through other than bragging rights.

Perhaps with the snake it could drop a rattle and you can use that to temporarily pacify (not put to sleep, but calm) aggressive mobs.

Summer is very easy, all the resources you have to gather before day 20 are very basic and easy to get. Let's look at a floral shirt. All you do is: collect 12 reeds. Fight spiders (easiest enemy in the game). Collect 5 cacti in summer. Let's look at a thermal stone (in case you ain't got floral shirt for whatever reason): 10 rocks, 3 flint, one pickaxe. You make a pickaxe, mine 4 boulders, and you already got all resources. Including nitre for enthodermic fires. Let's look at straw hat (decent in combination with floral shirt): 12 grass you gotta collect. Let's look at umbrella: 6 sticks, 2 silk, 1 pigskin. Let's look at enthodermic fire pit: 18 rocks and 4 gold (4 cutstone n 2 doodads), 2 nitre. Let's look at icebox: 2 gold, 1 cutstone, 1 gear. And in RoG clockwork setpieces are everywhere.

You tell me you can't get all of this in 20 days.

I agree summer it's winter's boring couterpart, and you don't wanna move away from your base cause **** will burn. And it isn't fun when wildfires happen. But nothing is difficult about summer.

Summer is very easy, all the resources you have to gather before day 20 are very basic and easy to get. Let's look at a floral shirt. All you do is: collect 12 reeds. Fight spiders (easiest enemy in the game). Collect 5 cacti in summer. Let's look at a thermal stone (in case you ain't got floral shirt for whatever reason): 10 rocks, 3 flint, one pickaxe. You make a pickaxe, mine 4 boulders, and you already got all resources. Including nitre for enthodermic fires. Let's look at straw hat (decent in combination with floral shirt): 12 grass you gotta collect. Let's look at umbrella: 6 sticks, 2 silk, 1 pigskin. Let's look at enthodermic fire pit: 18 rocks and 4 gold (4 cutstone n 2 doodads), 2 nitre. Let's look at icebox: 2 gold, 1 cutstone, 1 gear. And in RoG clockwork setpieces are everywhere.

You tell me you can't get all of this in 20 days.

I agree summer it's winter's boring couterpart, and you don't wanna move away from your base cause **** will burn. And it isn't fun when wildfires happen. But nothing is difficult about summer.

I'm noticing a lack of mention of the things you need to prevent anything catching fire as well as no acknowledgement that nitre is the least easy to find mineral aboveground (assuming a Pig King). Also, no food mention, and I'm not sure now if my game's being weird or not but I can't farm as normal in summer due to the ice flingomatics only watering the plants once. Also, the color pallette used makes efficient camp building difficult in summer.

Again, it's not about difficulty, but about fun. Summer's just not fun and offers nothing. It's something to sit through between Spring and Fall, which are fun, as is Winter. Frog rain is fun (and fairly useful when the hounds come), fast farming is fun (rain), free red-butted beefalo loot is fun, McTusk's hat and tusk are fun, freezing is... something to keep in mind but no biggie. Etcetera. There's advantages and events to each season, but not summer. 

I think summer rely too much on beeing lucky enough to find or be found by the giants of both spring and winter.

With an eyebrella to go with youre floral shirt and a luxury fan to stop the world from burning, you can do pretty much what you wan't.

Whithout, you'll need kinda rare stuff like blue gem and nitre and risk to see entire biome burn to the ground.

Maybe new sources of nitre, cooler dusks and night without risk of fire and much cooler cave and ruins could make things more enjoyable without taking out the challenge.

Also a summer hat (more efficient thant the simple straw hat) could be nice, so if you don't have an eyebrella you still have ways to delay overheating before needing to use cooling devices suchs as the ice cube or the chill amulette.

the overheating mechanism is goddamn ridiculous.

wearing a summer frest and umbrella, i can't walk out for longer than 30 seconds without the overheating kicking in.

the other seasons are fine but you guys seriously dropped the ball on summer design.

either make overheating takes longer (at least 4 times the length) or give us more accessible ways to cool off.

Yeah, summer is a little bit OP, you have to mine rocks to get the material to make an ice fire, and you only last about ten seconds in the heat without the right gear

About summer, me and my friends are going to make a mod which will introduce the entity of WATER. This could be gathered from ponds with a container of from a Rainwater collector we've created when the rain fills it. 

Water, will play a big role in summer as it will decrease overheating very efficiently ! So just wait guys, its work in progress fro now !!!

Archived