New worlds and Adventure mode. And devs not informing us about it?

/\title

My reaction and stupidity about not realizing it earlier was very just pure gold XD

I came into a world, I found the base and there was chester. I opened up chester and found the ring thing and the metal potatoe thing. And I was like "ooh, nice". Then I realized that our base was in the patch where the ring thing was found, which would explain the 15 dark petals on the floor and host going insane. And I didn't realize this until someone said "ROBOTS". and then someone said "I found a doorway to adventure". i feel so damn stuupid XD

But anyway, it's cool to have this in the game. I wonder how they work, thought... Can everyone move to the next world and enter adventure mode when they want to or does everyone have to move together? What happens if host moves to the next world? What happens if enter/exit while someone is moving forward? All dem questions!

EDIT: Sorry, there is no adventure mode...

• Developer

Adventure mode, caves and the teleportato are all, as has been the case since the start of DST, not supported and by default will not show up in the game. Bear in mind that just because they aren't supported doesn't mean that modders can't make it so the associated items will show up. We'll be sure to let you know when these things make their way into DST.

The portal I mentioned during the stream is separate from all of the above.

Adventure mode, caves and the teleportato are all, as has been the case since the start of DST, not supported and by default will not show up in the game. Bear in mind that just because they aren't supported doesn't mean that modders can't make it so the associated items will show up. We'll be sure to let you know when these things make their way into DST.

How does the portal work?

Well some of this doesent need a mod to show up. Just change the preset to default And you can find all the different "things" along with clockworks by the wooden thing.

• Developer

How does the portal work?

You'll just have to wait for the update :)

Well some of this doesent need a mod to show up. Just change the preset to default And you can find all the different "things" along with clockworks by the wooden thing.

Sure, but that's a bug, not some feature we were trying to sneak in without telling anyone. While we do make a habit of quietly introducing new content, I think we tend to do a good job of informing the community when stuff gets fixed or, in this case, an existing item is added to DST. My point was simply that we didn't avoid telling you folks that we added something, nor did the portal I mention have any bearing on the teleportato or adventure mode: rest assured, when those things are added and supported, there will be some fanfare about it.

You'll just have to wait for the update :-)

Sure, but that's a bug, not some feature we were trying to sneak in without telling anyone. While we do make a habit of quietly introducing new content, I think we tend to do a good job of informing the community when stuff gets fixed or, in this case, an existing item is added to DST. My point was simply that we didn't avoid telling you folks that we added something, nor did the portal I mention have any bearing on the teleportato or adventure mode: rest assured, when those things are added and supported, there will be some fanfare about it.

No I didnt mean to imply any sneakyness. Just saying that mods isnt the only way to access stuff thats not yet in the game. And switching to deafult and finding clockworks. is perticulary interesting,because gears has been one thing that most people have been missing in this stage of the game. (not all people like to spawn stuff)

• Developer

No I didnt mean to imply any sneakyness. Just saying that mods isnt the only way to access stuff thats not yet in the game. And switching to deafult and finding clockworks. is perticulary interesting,because gears has been one thing that most people have been missing in this stage of the game. (not all people like to spawn stuff)

Fair enough! Sorry for any confusion--I'll consider it a bug report, then :-)

You'll just have to wait for the update :)

I'm not getting it. So from what I know is that there are already 4 things in the game and set piece of the Maxwell's door, but without the door itself. So is there no wooden thing in the world? If there isn't, is the set piece of it there already even without it? And if not then what is the point of having the things in the DST right now? Without the wooden thing they work as just spam really!

I'm not getting it. So from what I know is that there are already 4 things in the game and set piece of the Maxwell's door, but without the door itself. So is there no wooden thing in the world? If there isn't, is the set piece of it there already even without it? And if not then what is the point of having the things in the DST right now? Without the wooden thing they work as just spam really!

Things aren't supposed to be appearing in DST, that's the issue. I mean sure, you could use them to decorate your base or something, but they're not supposed to be there. Tis a bug. 

I personally haven't seen the Door in the game yet. 

Archived