Lack of ability to save is annoying

I like the game, but the lack of ability to save the game multiple times and load those saved games is annoying.

I play, spend lots of time gathering items and then when I'm at a point I feel good about what I have I try new things. The problem is new things can get you killed and then you have to start over again gathering wood, err, stone, err, yay, this is not fun at all.

I get that not being able to save the game makes it that much more difficult, but is that what we're doing here? I want to play, not work! and this is work IMO.

I doubt I'll play that many more times if I have to start over from scratch gathering wood and such. That's pretty boring.

Please add a multiple save game feature with loading abilities. This doesn't hurt the difficulty since people who are true masochists can simply ignore the feature and torture themselves if they make a stupid mistake.

The main issue here is that Don't Starve shares similar qualities to Rogue-like game, primarily the concept of a single saved game and permadeath. Well, the "permadeath" is only effective if you don't have a Meat Effigy or Amulet, but it's close enough. The idea behind this is to invest the player in their game and the thrill of knowing that when you die, that's it. Game over. With multiple saves you never feel like dying is a threat, and therefore deal with everything as if it had no risk. Attack 20 spiders? Sure, why not? It's not like something bad will happen if I die...

The only feature I am looking forwrad to is a quicksave on exit, so that I can quit the game at any time, but it would save it for me rather than the last save point (i.e. sunset or sunrise). Then when the game's reloaded it just starts from where the quicksave ended.

I mean, all you have to do is make a couple meat effigies and that's pretty much what you're asking for; a way to continue from you current progress when you die so you don't have to start from scratch again. I have 5 of these bad boys in my camp so as long as they stand, I'm good for 5 deaths. Amulet's good too if you choose a character other than Wilson or don't have enough beard hair, it's just annoying to have to make sure it's equipped when you die. Point being though the challenge of the game comes from the fact that it's perma-death and is a challenge to stay alive. On top of that, it's a game where once you find out a good way of doing things and you conquer death like it's nothing, its very rewarding. I'm sure others will definitely agree.

The only feature I am looking forwrad to is a quicksave on exit, so that I can quit the game at any time, but it would save it for me rather than the last save point (i.e. sunset or sunrise). Then when the game's reloaded it just starts from where the quicksave ended.

Umm, are you not aware the game has Save and Quit now? You start from wherever you quit, not the start of the day.

Umm, are you not aware the game has Save and Quit now? You start from wherever you quit, not the start of the day.

Not really, but I did suspect that was the case when Abigail detonated 3 bee mines and I tried to undo the disasterous ("bug" if you ask me...) event by quitting and restoring to the last save. But it didn't seem to do that. Oh well... thankfully bees are plentiful. But Abigail is sooooo NAUGHTY. :p

The main reason I didn't notice is because I spend so much time here on the forums... answering posts... :)