Do we currently have a way to hot-key emotes?

I've been thinking about suggesting something like pressing alt+1 will make you character do the /wave emote. But I do not know whether this is already a thing already or a mod or if I should go and make the suggestion thread about it.

So I'm here to ask if anyone knows anything about hot keying emotes or anything close to that idea that we have now or will have in the future?

I've done a bit of research using "hot key" and "hotkey" for search terms under the Don't Starve Together- BETA forum and came up empty.

• Developer

There's not currently a way to hotkey the emotes, but it is possible to do it from a Mod at the moment. I outlined something similar in this thread: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/41951-how-to-add-a-new-keygamepad-binding-option/#entry559525

Then in the function hooked up to your key, you'll want to do this (or whatever emote you want)

GLOBAL.ThePlayer.components.talker:Say("/waves")

As I mentioned in that thread, this way to binding to a key is a temporary measure and the real solution will come when we allow mods to define their own custom control inputs.

Hopefully this helps in the interim!

There's not currently a way to hotkey the emotes, but it is possible to do it from a Mod at the moment. I outlined something similar in this thread: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/41951-how-to-add-a-new-keygamepad-binding-option/#entry559525

Then in the function hooked up to your key, you'll want to do this (or whatever emote you want)

GLOBAL.ThePlayer.components.talker:Say("/waves")

As I mentioned in that thread, this way to binding to a key is a temporary measure and the real solution will come when we allow mods to define their own custom control inputs.

Hopefully this helps in the interim!

That is greatly appreciated, thank you for giving a work-around for hot-keying emotes.

Archived