Location, location, location!

So while I was browsing the luas I stumbled upon the list of city names.

Lima has two entries. Is this on purpose because it increases the chance to be picked?

Some important European cities are missing. I kind of expected to see cities like Berlin, Amsterdam, Zürich (vault mission, anyone? =D), Brussels, Vienna, Warsaw, Paris, Luxembourg.

It would probably be best only to pick one location from an array with maybe 2 or 3 cities in central europe to avoid clusters of missions. But more cities would be great imo. Please?

Another thing I noticed: Egypt. Seems out of place to have one country in a list of cities. May I suggest Cairo, Alexandria or maybe Luxor, Giza or Thebes if you want to think more of a "James Bond" location. ;)

Cheers!

I think it's more important to make sure that there is a nice spread than that any particular city or cities are represented.

I'd hate there to always be a grouping of 3 or 4 citie in North America and almost never any in Africa.

Do you really expect there be adavanced technology in Africa? Of course not. It's not a good place to build a place these kinds of buildings. Sorry to break your dreams,but I don't think Klei will place a lot of sites in Africa

I think it's more important to make sure that there is a nice spread than that any particular city or cities are represented.

I'd hate there to always be a grouping of 3 or 4 citie in North America and almost never any in Africa.

You could just add cities that are close by each other to an array and if one is drawn the others are blocked. I'm pretty sure there already is a system in place to make sure you don't get all missions in one cluster.

Do you really expect there be adavanced technology in Africa? Of course not. It's not a good place to build a place these kinds of buildings. Sorry to break your dreams,but I don't think Klei will place a lot of sites in Africa

But according to CNN Africa is The Next Big Thing™!

I think there are a bunch of cities in Africa that would make great backdrops in a James Bond movie already.

I do agree that spread is important. I was just wanting a city from my home state in-game.

Also, this is in 2074, so everything will be more modernized, I would assume.

It might be possible to just hack that in or make a proper mod at some point.

I suggested more cities mostly because I believe it would be a 'cheap' feature that hopefully doesn't require a lot of engineering cycles but add some flavor to II. =3

Woah woah woah!  I challenge you to look at Cairo or Cape Town and then tell me Africa doesn't have any modern, technological cities.  Africa is a big damn place.  There is a lot of poverty in Africa, and many living in 3rd world conditions... but that doesn't mean the entire continent is nothing but primitives!

Secondly the game is set in the future.  What the hell makes you think that centers of industry couldn't possibly change?  You've not on written off an entire continent, but you assume that it's so bad no-one could ever improve it?

Hell, I could go on about how undeveloped regions are prime areas for companies to exploit for cheap labor with fewer restrictions.  Why do you think so much manufacturing has moved to China, or Mexico, or Taiwan?

Please, please, please don't spout off stereotypes like they're iron laws of nature.  While I'm sure you weren't trying to be disparaging, comments like yours come off as profoundly ignorant.  Lets not keep perpetuating these stereotypes, OK?

Please, please, please don't spout off stereotypes like they're iron laws of nature.  While I'm sure you weren't trying to be disparaging, comments like yours come off as profoundly ignorant.  Lets not keep perpetuating these stereotypes, OK?

Thank you.

Woah woah woah!  I challenge you to look at Cairo or Cape Town and then tell me Africa doesn't have any modern, technological cities.  Africa is a big damn place.  There is a lot of poverty in Africa, and many living in 3rd world conditions... but that doesn't mean the entire continent is nothing but primitives!

Secondly the game is set in the future.  What the hell makes you think that centers of industry couldn't possibly change?  You've not on written off an entire continent, but you assume that it's so bad no-one could ever improve it?

Hell, I could go on about how undeveloped regions are prime areas for companies to exploit for cheap labor with fewer restrictions.  Why do you think so much manufacturing has moved to China, or Mexico, or Taiwan?

Yeah I might have forgotten to add that i didn't want to sound like an ass and the fact that there are some good places to build well developed buildings and such. But I dont think placing a server farm on the equator would be a good idea. Seeing how it would just overheat everything. And yes there might be better cooling systems for this situation in the future. But it's just what I think would happen.

I am sure it'd be a damn good place for a detention center.

Yeah I might have forgotten to add that i didn't want to sound like an ass and the fact that there are some good places to build well developed buildings and such. But I dont think placing a server farm on the equator would be a good idea. Seeing how it would just overheat everything. And yes there might be better cooling systems for this situation in the future. But it's just what I think would happen.

It depends on what you want from a "secure" server farm. Do you want cheap mass storage? Then you probably best rent from Amazon. Or do you want a server farm in the desert where you can see 30km in every direction and spot a car half an hour before it arrives?

I mean, it would probably be cheaper and easier for everybody to move Area 51 next to a highway at the outskirts of a large city, right? And still they built it so far away from everything, despite the cost... ;P

I mean, it would probably be cheaper and easier for everybody to move Area 51 next to a highway at the outskirts of a large city, right? And still they built it so far away from everything, despite the cost... ;P

how do you know? area 51 could be just next to your house and yu wouldn't know!

Archived