Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

brianjenkins94

Is offline LAN play available?

Me and my friend are trying to play DST offline because our campus internet is spoty at best, but because of the way DST is linked to Steam I can't even seem to see his game on our LAN.

Has this been implemented yet?

Is there no multiplayer outside of Steam?

jbeetle    1,872

There is no multiplayer outside of Steam, and as far as we know, that'll be the case until at least the end of beta.

SethR    1,229

Me and my friend are trying to play DST offline because our campus internet is spoty at best, but because of the way DST is linked to Steam I can't even seem to see his game on our LAN.

Has this been implemented yet?

Did you switch the "Show LAN" filter to "Yes"? It's on the second page of filters on the server browser screen. By default, the server browser screen shows online games--you have to change that filter to see LAN games.

acemurdock    960

Did you switch the "Show LAN" filter to "Yes"? It's on the second page of filters on the server browser screen. By default, the server browser screen shows online games--you have to change that filter to see LAN games.

Wait so there is? Aw nice, I didn't know this! Now if I could round some local folks together we could take on the world with less lag....haha! 

LadyAnt    10

How do I get LAN to work? My housemate and I are connected on the same network, but I don't see his hosted server when I switch the LAN filter to "yes". Instead, it shows up when the filter is set to "no".