What would you do if you got into the beta?

This is for all the dreamers out there who are just like me,
Watching the players have fun.

If your like me,
Who sits on your bum.

Refreshing the mailbox each second.
Spending every waking moment,

Thinking, No... Dreaming of playing
Losing sleep
becoming weak.

analyzing materializing and dying to play.

What would you do?
Would you live of berries?
start a flower farm?
Kill you friend
and mod up a hen?

Would you..
Burn the forest
Feed the wolves,
Pick the carrots
explore the holes,

and build a pen?

What would you do?

Well, a few days ago I was in your position, and I thought I'd be spending lots of time making an awesome fort.

In reality, after I got a key a few days ago, I am really just testing out what happens when you haunt various things as a ghost.

Lucky you getting into the beta :)

I heard you set things on fire when haunting stuff is that a bug?

Lucky you getting into the beta :-)

I heard you set things on fire when haunting stuff is that a bug?

No I think that's supposed to be a feature. It does happen quite a bit, which may be not what they were intending, but I think ghosts just need to learn to use their powers wisely.

I've found that I can even be a help to the living during fights, especially hound attacks. Haunting things like beefalo or bee hives makes them aggressive, so if a hound is lured near one I can make them fight to the death using my ghostly hauntiness.

It's pretty fun, haha. 

Honestly, DST sucks more than anything right now. In order to actually have some fun in it, you'd need to make sure that you have this stuff:

* You have a key as well as at least one of your friends.

* Your friend(s) who has/have key(s) don't live far from where you do.

* You and everyone you play with are the kind of "pros" that use the help of mobs and each other CONSTANTLY.

* You and everyone you play with have a very good internet connection.

I don't apply to any of those (I have a key thought) so my DST experience  is pretty much crap.

create a public server with pvp enabled(although would act kind of friendly), set fire to freaking everything, and then proceed to try and survive in the remains of the world with some random people that will probably grief me.

Charcoal and ash everywhere ;_;

create a public server with pvp enabled(although would act kind of friendly), set fire to freaking everything, and then proceed to try and survive in the remains of the world with some random people that will probably grief me.

Isn't this what every server looks like now? I'm confused.

Archived