Wondering about same room multiplayer

So the friend I usually play Don't Starve with and will probably be giving the second beta key to, I usually play mutliplayer games trough steam in the same room as him. So I was wondering if anyone who currently has a beta key does the same thing and if it causes any problems? Like lag and high ping?

Ping and lag are based on distance and your computer. If you have a decent computer and you're in the same room,you probably won't have many problems.

Basically 1/2 of what Munixical said but it also depends on your computer specs.

If you have a terrible laptop or desktop that can barley run D.S it'll be very laggy.

If you have a decent or great Desktop or laptop it really depends but it should be good (good computers have usually each different specs so I can't give you a description on that)

Basically 1/2 of what Munixical said but it also depends on your computer specs.

If you have a terrible laptop or desktop that can barley run D.S it'll be very laggy.

If you have a decent or great Desktop or laptop it really depends but it should be good (good computers have usually each different specs so I can't give you a description on that)

I included "If you have a decent computer" in that first post.

my friend lend me his laptop to play DST in duo.

fist our ping was 600+...(even though we were in the same network) but then we decided to use LAN emulator (tunngle in our case, cuz hi didn't have Hamachi) and ping suddenly dropped to 6-10.

then gameplay was amazing without any lags or disconnecting.

Archived