Balance/difficulty

Thaaaat's a pretty personal opinion . . . some people (like me) like the gamble factor. Don't be so quick as to judge your opinion over something as a fact

Your opinion is not a fact. The very reason why we don't have percentages to hit when shooting, cover (that was giving penalties to aim) and critical hits that were in alpha stage was because there was too much gambling involved. No reason to add it now.

Still not convinced. Being able to steal passcards from guards without any penalty for just getting one point on anarchy (none if you're Banks) is still ludicrous. You're trading the 2 KO turns from stunning the guards, plus pretty much he denying entrance to his area after he wakes up.
FOR:
two turns, or even one if you have a T.A.G. gun, no penalties attached, dude never knew you stole his card ever, probably gets fired next day for being a doofus.

And there are still some random elements on the game, mainly the console events, which can get infuriating some times when you need some pwr but you end up losing the console for making a wrong decision.

I do get your point. One of the things the devs said in their last stream is that they removed the % system because it prevented players from effectively integrating combat or pickpocket in their stealth strategy, which I think is a good point against random chances.

Agreed about consoles, it feels like you should have more control over the outcome in general. I wish the bribe would work all the time, even if that meant making it a larger amount.

But I think the best way to balance the pickpocket is not a random chance but modifications to the way stats work and also more options for opening locked doors, all of which I hope are in plans for the future of the game. Personally I can't wait to see the next few updates in that regard.

But I think the best way to balance the pickpocket is not a random chance but modifications to the way stats work and also more options for opening locked doors, all of which I hope are in plans for the future of the game. Personally I can't wait to see the next few updates in that regard.

Good call. I can't wait either.

No dice rolls. Please. Ever.

I actually hate what little dice rolls there are in the game right now. I'm talking about consoles. I wish fishy consoles looked different so I could make the decision to hack it or not based on strategy. Even though I could get the penalty or the PWR it was still my desicion to take that risk. Not every friggin console should be a risk.

I think a dice roll for pickpocketing could add value to the game if it's implemented well. Say: there's a chance that a guard will notice a pickpocket attempt. This could mean he's just going to turn around next turn and check if there's anyone behind him. It's not much of a punishment, it doesn't hurt long-term at all, but it means you'd have to save enough AP to hide or have a chance to be forced to tase if you want to play the stealthy pickpocket.

I believe the game would benefit from that kind of controlled randomness to actions, where the point is simply to always have a plan B. Obviously, chances to miss in combat don't fall into this category because with only 2-3 characters, there's no guarantee of a workable plan B in hectic situations. But I'd agree with (just theoretically, not suggesting this) disruptors tazing for a random 1-3 turns coupled with the ability to re-taze downed guards in an attempt to re-roll the gamble.

I actually hate what little dice rolls there are in the game right now. I'm talking about consoles. I wish fishy consoles looked different so I could make the decision to hack it or not based on strategy. Even though I could get the penalty or the PWR it was still my desicion to take that risk. Not every friggin console should be a risk.

I'm not wild about them either, especially as the content in them becomes repetitive and predictable over time.

Archived