The Little Things that Count

So, we recently got ourselves a new update. RED EYE. And I quite enjoy the changes. But most of all, is the updated descriptions for quite a bit of items. Who knew that Medigel tasted like Guava?

But honestly, I just like these little details that are being added. Interesting bits and pieces of information to help add to the backstory of this world. It just makes it a bit more amazing think about. All the possibilities and the like.

Wow. I just loaded up Story Mode. And damn... that's a change. I will never look at Incognita the same way ever again.

• Developer

Glad you like it - there will be more to come!

For example...

Name: Jolie ‘Banks’ Murphy

Hometown: Nua Dublin

Banks is a gifted hacker who earned her nickname siphoning funds from the most heavily guarded accounts in the financial world. She redirected most of this money into the rebuilding of her hometown, becoming a local folk hero in the process. After a botched cranial implant almost put her in a coma, she joined Invisible to get access to the most advanced neuro-rehabilitative care outside of Corporate law.

My favorite part of this update was giving the guns names. It's just really cool to see something like, "The Burner" as a weapon name. Just another reason I love Klei. You guys really know how to make a world, something you can get lost in. You guys aren't satisfied with shallow thinking. The little details create this, futuristic world that, all fits together.

• Developer

Just a minor correction on that one, as an Irish person: I'm guessing you're using "Nua" here as the Irish word for "New." But in Irish, an adjective comes after the noun it modifies. So it would actually be "Dublin Nua."

Ah. Thank you! I didn't know Irish did its adjectives like that.

Archived