Do we have a definitive fire source guide yet?

I know the fuel length time varies widely between updates, but I've been thinking.

If any tree only yields 1 charcoal, and the largest trees yield 3 logs, what is better for fire? Are 3 logs better than one charcoal? Along with the fact that the biggest trees also yield 2 pine cones, for further fuel farming later. I have a chest full of logs, but I've been saving them for logsuits, and instead doing controlled farm burns for charcoal. Then again the largest trees take a hefty toll on your tools (the wiki, which I'm not sure is up to date, says 15 swings), where burnt trees for charcoal take 1 swing.

As it stands in the current update, 2 charcoal will last you the whole night, but you won't be getting much of anything done. For log users, how many does it take to get through the night (starting only when night does, not dusk, and only fueling when the fire is about to die to ensure minimum requirements)?

If someone has the spare time to dedicate to this query for science, I'd appreciate it. (I'd do it myself but I'm not near my gaming PC)