So reading around I found a big discussion about people having trouble with drones and I realized the way I've been doing it is an exploit very similar to the door shutting in a guard's face infinite loop.

To do this you need to hack a laser wall. Any drones you need to take care of, hack them and use your two turns to move them into spaces of the hacked laser wall. When you turn the laser wall on the drones will be stunned for one turn. You can turn the lasers on and off multiple times every turn if you like but as long as you do it once any drones you have occupying the laser wall spaces are effectively infinitely disabled and a non-factor. you only need to hack drones long enough to put them into a laser wall space which are usually abundant on levels with drones.

Don't have a picture yet, but I assure you it works. Very easy to reproduce.

There are different kinds of laser walls. Mouse over a tile while it is on to get a reading of what they will do. The kill laser will kill robots if you can lure/direct them there. Never tried drones in the stun laser wall, but good to know this is an option as well. Feature not exploit.

I think it's more a bug, as lasers normally just plain turn off when a drone passes them. But I guess we'll find out what Klei thinks when/if they fix it.

This only occurs if you haven't hacked the lasers, if you have drones, and sometimes guards, will run through the lasers(stun only, haven't had either run through kill lasers yet).

Archived